Register now to get rid of these ads!

Love is.......The Feburary Banger Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Feb 2, 2010.

1. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

28, seriously got into T's when I was 18.

2. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

68 today here, with the same 'banger coupe I bought when I was 22!

3. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

going on 72 30 tudor sedan 21 yrs 28 rpu 12 yrs

4. ebtm3

ebtm3

74 yesterday

be kind to yer elders

Herb Kephart

5. I'll start the bidding at $100.:cool:

6. 46 yrs.?! Is it wore out yet? :rolleyes:

7. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

27- got my speedster in peices about 2 years ago- just about done.

8. Bodger45

Bodger45

Wow, something I can respond to...I'm 47, I'm still trying to figure this banger shit out!

9. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Happy - B -day yesterday... EBTM3

36 here I hope I can play for a long time I think this hobby keeps you young
    Bill

10. Piewagn

Piewagn

48.5 and counting!!

11. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I can't down load my pics but my fly wheel is now just under 41#. (it looks cool) :) It was a long night but I got some open cnc time after work. Drilling my crank is next on the long list
    later Bill

12. Happy Birthday Herb!!!

I would never have guessed 74- jimmy John's hot dogs has kept you young!

13. Go here http://idisk.mac.com/forever4/Public/index.htm He shows and explains the difference between "A"'s and "B"'s

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  14. 74 and still have the RPU that has been in the family since 46 or 47. been in my name since 56. I'm so F---ing crippled I can't drive the thing. Can't work the clutch. Considering an auto trans in the modified. but then, to quote one of CDO's favorite terms, it won't be period correct.
    I'm making a new side draft manifold so I can run dual Winfield "C"'s on the "A" with the repop Winfield head. Trying to get it together for June, only work about 3 or 4 hours a day now. Spend most of my time looking for shit I just set down. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours looking for a piece of Al. tubing that I had cut for a balance tube on the manifold couldn't find it so I will cut another piece and then I will find the first one.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  15. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

HEY BILL... If it keeps you on the road and out of the recliner put the auto in your car. You are period correct f**k the car ;-)
    later Bill

16. Fro

Fro
    from Joplin Mo.

I'll be 39 next month, I've been into cars my whole life, into bangers a couple years, I agree with Bill put an auto in it, It'll keep you young.

17. RussTee

RussTee

the age thing is interesting i thought i may have been a youngun. maybe it would be interesting to start talking about tips for young starters we now post a list of threads with good advice at the start of each month [a great idea] but how about seemingly obvious things
    such as twin carbs need a balance pipe between them /high compression heads and heavy flywheels dont mix /when useing a alternator add a resistor or light in the system to excite the alternator/ please add to these so we can build up some basic guide lines for starters here cheers rusty

18. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I'm 45 but my mental age is around 12 I still giggle like a school boy at fart jokes. :D:eek:

Bill,
    Yes, period correct is more like a pet peeve. The full quote is :
    Fu@k period correct, make it fun to drive !!!!!!

19. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I wondered why we got on well together - we think and act the same:D:D:D:D:D

20. jim galli

jim galli

I'm 57. Took my first Model A apart when I was 14. Learned all about cars doing that. A couple years later I fell head over heals for a '29 roadster which required re-assembling the '30 Tudor to sell and fund the roadster.

Pretty much doing the same thing ever since. I think the phaeton is my last.

21. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I was going to say I feel 12 behind the wheel of the banger :D

22. Timberbeast

Timberbeast

I'm 66 Bought my first A in 1962 $25.00. Been with them ever since.

23. 30 A coupe

30 A coupe

52, I think :rolleyes:, bought my coupe in 2005 and still loving every minute of it even with two broken engines :eek:. But that's all the fun is'nt it!!!!!!:):):D:D:D

24. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

No, but I'm tryin', I'm tryin'! The motor I put in it in 1964 blew a head gasket about 4 yrs ago. It's now rebuilt with inserts, a Brumfield, a touring cam, and turns 3500 at 'hill'climbs. I'm tryin'![​IMG]
    Fearless

25. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I had a busy day today. My dad sold a 6ft matel lathe so I agreed to help him get it out of his garage. To understate things dad is a collector, it took 1.5 hours to remove enough stuff to get to the lathe in the rear of a 2 car garage. Under the lathe was an A engine dad thinks he got ~25 years ago. Later after the lathe was removed and it was time to put stuff back it was thought the engine ahould get some oil down the cylinders. I noticed the head was an aftermarket and didn't have any nuts holding it down so I pulled it of to see how bad the engine was from sitting.

No rust, not stuck, very little carbon and .020 pistons in the bore all good things. We also found someones comments; hand stamped on the top of the #1 piston was F**K A FORD. I have to wonder if the rebuild wasn't going very well:D

26. Dave in Denver

Dave in Denver
    from Denver, CO

45 in a few weeks. Been staring at bangers since I could walk (the Christmas parade in Ft Worth with all the bangers in them was a highlight of each year growing up) and found my first one at 28, a 1930 Tudor Sedan, fully stock and in pieces. It now has a Riley Two Port in it and my 12 year old son is helping me rebuild a '31 CCPU with an inserted Riley Two Port Engine in it. I am trying to start him on the right path young.

27. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I attended the monthly Men's Breakfast at church this morning, and the conversation turned to first cars. A retired schoolteacher mentioned that his first was a '31 Ford. He then related his experience in overhauling the engine after school one day and driving it to the dance that night. Talk about simplicity! Of course, it helped that he had an old Ford garage in town with a healthy supply of NOS parts on hand.

Not sure if I convinced him to help tear down my banger when I get it home, though.

-Dave

28. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I attended the monthly Men's Breakfast at church this morning, and the conversation turned to first cars. A retired schoolteacher mentioned that his first was a '31 Ford. He then related his experience in overhauling the engine after school one day and driving it to the dance that night. Talk about simplicity! Of course, it helped that he had an old Ford garage in town with a healthy supply of NOS parts on hand.

Not sure if I convinced him to help tear down my banger when I get it home, though.

-Dave

29. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm 59, bought my first car a '26 T on my 16th birthday, still have the '15 T engine I bought a few years before the '26. Getting a ride in a 1912 T Touring when I was 12 really got me kooked, I finally bought that car in 1983, it's a keeper. Lots on OHV heads havecome and gone, only had a Riley 4Port up and running, miss it a lot.

30. I'm 42- teaching 500+ kiddies a week keeps me young and spritely!

Here are a couple pics of the front bearing as promised- nothing too much to gawk at, just thought it was neat to see the bowtie:

Attached Files: