Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louvre dyes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sunset_customs, Oct 11, 2011.

1. sunset_customs

sunset_customs
    from australia

Hi there, I have recently aquired a Trumph TAS 41 and am looking to buy Louvre dyes. I have spent the past week searching the net with no success. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction???
    I will have to fabricate holders so would not matter what shaft they were.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    regards
    Bob

2. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Google are usually quite clever with eccentric spellings, but I checked. It seems that, though they pick up that 'louvre' and 'louver' are alternative spellings for the same thing, they really consider 'die' and 'dye' to be different things. Try a search for 'louvre dies', which I submit is the correct spelling, though the supplier you thereby discover will doubtless spell the former bit 'louver'.

3. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

Try Niel Dunder at www.gogitzit.com. He makes louver dies for all kinds of reciprocating machines. Quality is top notch!

4. sunset_customs

sunset_customs
    from australia

I have emailed the people at gogitzit but get no replies. does anyone else know of anywhere that sell the dyes? have tried other sites on the internet and tried different spelling but still no luck. any help would be much appreciated. thanks

5. Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  6. retromotors

retromotors

In my best Strother Martin / Cool Hand Luke voice:

"What we have here ... is a failure to communicate"

7. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I know that Neil has been out of town, where his cell phone doesn't work. You might try calling him next week. I might see him tomorrow night and will try to remember to tell him you are trying to contact him.

8. Bob. The best thing you can do is put a Fn v8 of some sort in that little piss anyt british sports car. Make it haul ass. Long roads suck with a 4 cyl. Louvers are the last thing to worry about. Grow a set. Cheers Bitch

9. oj

oj

Did you try mittler bros? i have found dies on ebay too

10. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Perhaps not much help but I make mine. Its easy enough and I don't own a mill or any machines like that.

David

11. lawman

lawman

Roper-Witney or Roper-Pexto