Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louvered Panels ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jalopy43, Oct 18, 2005.

1. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Does anyone make steel lourvered panels,that can be shipped? I would like to louver the tailpanel of my A sedan. The car is already built,and a panel that size ,whole in the press,fuggetaboutit! Cutting and 'patching in' something would be a piece of cake. I know J.C.Whitney has plastic louvered panels,but that would be like putting a sock in my trousers:eek: Thanks Sparky

2. So, what would you like? A flat panel - dimensions, how many rows, spacing? I have a nice 3" die, the throat of the press is 4'. A 4'x4' sheet of metal can go UPS. That panel isn't flat, though.

Charlie

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

J. C. Whitney! that's a 1-800 mail order cop out. Go look in Granny's garage and attic, Salvation Army Thrift Store or appliance repair places back yards for a space heater or other piece of junk that has louvers you like and cut out what you need.:D

4. 2-TONED

2-TONED

you need to keep checking e-gay. ive bought several different kinds of louvered panels & sometimes 'sometimes' someone will list a little benchtop louver press for like locker doors etc...

5. JayD

JayD

I know a guy that does some of the best, but you'd have to ship it to Kansas!

[​IMG]

6. plw

plw

Eastwood has them now in different sizes.

7. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

www.fordor.com

they sell replacement panels as well as being able to louver them.