Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Louver man

Louver man

Hey, I'm brand new to this ,but not new to Rodding .In a year and a half I will be 80 yrs old.I grew up in Oakland Ca.& went to Castlemont high school .1950 to 53 .I have had tons of rods & customs.First car was a 32 five window cpe.Have had several Mercs and shoe box fords. I never got out of cars,I have had a ride since my first 32.I have two cars now, a 41 Ford coupe street rod and a very wicked chopped 47 Lincoln Zephyr full custom.I belong to West Coast Kustoms # 1776 .I have been louvering for years,way back when they were 15 cents a hole.In Oakland my hang around buddy was Tom E. Herones (the greek ) I carry his drivers licence and S S card in my wallet, also have a car plaque on the Lincoln honoring him. Gonna try and send along a picture of the 41....Lincoln next....Thanks for having me guys...Anybody out there from East Oakland?????

Attached Files:

2. kork_55

kork_55

Hell yea man love hearing about older gentlemen that help keep us young bucks in line. Had the pleasure to hang out with Gene Winfield all last weekend. And I'm glad to hear there is more of you out there.

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

4. 40mercFlathead

40mercFlathead

Welcome louver man,

It's guys like you I'd love to pick your brain and see all your old photos! I'm a youngster (33) but I lived in East Oakland on 106th Ave near the coliseum for about ten years..it was rough times to say the least. My dad owned a printing company there for about 20 years.

Shawn
    Montana

5. We all should be honored to have you here. Welcome.

6. Hemiman51

Hemiman51

Welcome from the east bay Ca.

7. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Welcome to the HAMB from South Ga :) We are honored to have you

8. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

Welcome from WI wow I hope to make to your age and still be doing this

9. Louver man

Louver man

Gene is a cool guy,always in a good mood. I see him every year at West coast cruise .He loves what he does ,keeps you young.............

10. Louver man

Louver man

Thanks for the welcome man.hang in there

11. Welcome. As mentioned, it is an honor to have you here. Nice looking rides. I'm especially partial to the '41. Although, that Lincoln does look pretty wicked!

12. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn

welcome aboard .....

13. chromeazone

chromeazone

Welcome Pops!
    I was worried I was the oldest coot (70) on here until now.
    I lived up in San Leandro/Hayward/Oaks. My good Buddy from working in the oil patch still lives on 80th St. (scarey place). He's a hardcore hot rodder and a 20yr. Jarhead Gunny, so no place is scarey for him. Oakland has a lot of good Hot Rod (and bad boy biker) history. I even searched out BRUCE"S TIRES and they even dug out an old Bite by Bruce decal. A cherished momento ! Everybody mentions Tommy the Greek, Raiders players hanging out in the bars, H.A.'s, Gypsy Jokers, Baylands, and the cruising scene.
    As a So.Cal kid, it was a refreshing change. Lots of great custom shops up there too!

Remember - Old Guys Drool !