Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louisville NSRA 2010?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flipper, Feb 21, 2010.

1. wizzard23

wizzard23

Numbers matching? Radio delete? What would "Mustang " Steve Davis say????????:confused:

2. Bob_

Bob_
    from Arkansas

Ok, read the whole thread... (gasp)
    I've been away from NSRA for about 10 years, but have been to lots of their events, many as a safety team member. (Got the box of mugs to prove it!) Recently I've been doing local shows and spending most of my spare time building our retirement home. Now that the house is finished, and the shop is taking shape, I'm thinking more about the cars, and the next hot rod.
    I was shocked to see what has developed with NSRA in my absence! Guess I won't be heading to Louisville anymore, too bad, many fond memories there! (Like the flood.)
    They are a business, and I am a customer who really doesn't need their product! No hard feelings here.
    Now Evansville... that sounds like fun...

3. stickers

stickers

Nope not going to any NSRA runs again.
    NSRA left the Pacific Northwest years ago.. so can't say that any of us are broken up by the changes..show promotion and runs are a profit driven business and have always been, as such business must adapt to the changing markets (we all ain't gettin any younger folks) Even heard rumors this coming summer would be the last Goodguys show in Spokane,WA. I haven't noticed that the year change several years ago for Puyallup Goodguys stretched the parking areas with newer late models, still plenty of room for old tin. New promoters such as Billetproof have done a good job of providing a venue for traditional rods and customs, there seems to be a great younger group getting into traditional rides which I personally hope will keep the streetrod interest going ... else who are we going to sell this tin to when we haven't got enough gas left in the leg to step on the pedal.

4. Stay at home and go to a used car lot

5. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Damn and I just got my Pacer fixed up with 13's and a push button radio. Just finished up with the stick on striping and the portholes, SHIT. Now nobodys going, CRAP.

6. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I have a feeling that the junk many of you are expecting to show up now with the new year cut off is not what will be the reality.

I have a feeling with pro touring and how strong the muscle car segment is (and the fact that they have few outlets) this is going to result in a strong showing by these guys.

I do not really understand the rolling year/cut off and yes, I agree that they have in a way betrayed the pre 48 guys but I have a feeling that none of this is going to turn out like many of you wish or expect.

This might be a big success in the end.

I see it going either way, huge or huge disaster...but not being anything in the middle.

Time will tell...but I have run across a lot of people with slick rides that are not my taste that are excited about this and Oklahoma for example may be transformed into something better.

Some heavy hitters in other fields of the hobby are digging this...more than I expected.

I am interested to see how this shakes out...and for me it is not the end of the world because I do not have traditional blinders on all the time.

I also enjoy Goodguys and how they do things even though that is not the popular stance to take.

7. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Naaaw....your still good man, I'm thrashin' on my '78 pinto wagon too, just dropped a full dressed flattie down in it this week! That way, I can still hold on to that traditional feel of a real hot rod...it's a sleeper....Hurray for NSRA....NOT!:mad:

8. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Not
    So
    Reputable
    Anymore

9. KATFISH

KATFISH

Il be there,

Should have the 80 pinto porthole wagon running soon.
    Im very excited to be able to schmooze with all you cool
    streetrodder and rat rod dudes.

10. KATFISH

KATFISH

Also hoping Barry Megueir will be there.

11. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

I can't wait!!!! GO NSRA!:mad:
    [​IMG]

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If there's anyone on the HAMB that's going to cruz into an NSRA event with a 4 x 4 Pinto I do believe it will be you and the BSM boys from Cinci.:D I'd pay the going entrance fee just to see the look on peeps faces and listen and watch the standing ovation you'll receive from the masses.

13. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

LOL! In high school my buddy walks in one morning and says "I just bought a Vette!" I'm like "you're shitting me man!" and he says "Ya, a 'Che' vette!" Laughed my ass off! That thing would barely go up a hill with 2 of us in it... :cool:

14. Topper

Topper

Things must not be to bad. I have called twice to change my ad that I have been running for many years. No return calls in a week. I think instead of changing I will just cancel when it runs out. There are other mags that would at least return my call. I have to admit I enjoyed the Nationals since the mid 70's but that being said is probably the reason they are changing the cut off date. We are not the generation to keep them profitable. Solution: Screw Us.

15. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Ha! you know it....and it's likely to happen:D

16. kyhotrod

kyhotrod
    from Kentucky

NSRA attendee since 87, live 45 miles from the show, won't be going this year.
    Yes, Denise, I did write a note on my membership renewal that I was done, not coming back. I could see going up to 72 for other NSRA events, but not the Nats.
    Here's an aerial photo. Where they gonna park all these extra vehicles?
    [​IMG]

17. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Here's a question??? Wonder how many safety items will need to be added to the "Safety 23" program?? Hope they don't F*^K! that up too! That would suck having to add airbags, GPS and Anti-lock brakes to my hotrods!:) Will I have to have heated leather seats and keyless entry too?? I'm just askin....:mad:

http://nsra-usa.com/index.php/site/section/C11

18. kyhotrod

kyhotrod
    from Kentucky

Rumor has it that Toyota will have a team of experts on hand for any "drive-by-wire" problems.

19. i'm going, with the new years it should be ok, i go to goodguys with newer cars and its ok nsra should be the same

20. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Ok......Ok.......Dont compare this event with a Goodguys....not even close. I hope it doesnt go OKAY. I hope they fall on their face over this that will be OKAY.:mad:

21. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I love it. How appropriate!!!!!

22. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

I had a soap box derby car when I was a kid that drove by wire and I did not need a Toyota Tech! Maybe they used the wrong size wire.

23. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

No, it's not ok. You're comparing apples and oranges. Goodguys built their shows on including newer vehicles. The NSRA was known for holding the cut-off year to 1948 which made their shows somewhat unique and special. Now they're just like all the rest, and that ruins it for me. :mad:

24. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

I stated earlier that I am going and I still am.

What bothers me more and more is what Denise said a long time ago. they didn't even ask us. They took input from the vendors (lobbyists?) and NSRA (congress?) decided that this is what they wanted without our opinion (we the people). I realize that it is different as NSRA is a business but first it was a car club, our car club. We pay dues annually and I think we deserve some sort of input, dammit!

I just got my StreetScene and am convinced after reading the editorial and coupling that with last months editorial that Vogle is out to piss every last one of us off. You sir DO NOT represent the majority. I am offended by the way that this is being handled and it continues to get worse.

If you read my earlier post in this thread and think that I am waffling(sp?) now I assure you that nothing could be farther from the truth. I am and will continue to be a NSRA member but I am unhappy with the way they have chosen to support their decision. I believe in the NSRA and am thankful for what they have done to perpetuate the hobby and feel it my (our) duty to help get it steered back in the right direction. I do not believe that quitting is the way to do that.

25. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Well said and understood. However, I just can't see how continuing to attend the events (especially in 2010 when this new rule is fresh) is gonna help steer NSRA back in the direction that we (the Rodders) want it to go. In my own opinion, THE ONLY way to fix this now is to NOT GO and spend the hard earned bills we have....but, instead support more of the grass roots hot rod clubs and events that are 1948 and down......It's a shit situation anyway you look at it......Best fix is to feed their own medicine back to them and NOT GO:mad:

26. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Very wells said, and I agree with you on this aspect. This is a great constructive comment and Denise was right about this too.

I understand the pre 48 feelings of betrayal but...that being said I am still getting the feeling that in the long run this will be a success.

I just ran into a guy with a 78 stick shift Trans Am (kinda rare of a car actually and I ran across two recently, one was a Smokey and the Bandit black and gold car...anyhow:)) that was a super nice car and he and his buddies were excited about the Oklahoma show. He and his buddies are not Goodguys material because of how "new" the Trans Ams were and they could not wait to finally get to go to a big show. I ran into some Fox body stang guys that said the same thing. Everyone also forgets how rabid the GN, GNX, Fox Body, F Body, Monte Carlo SS, and El Camino guys are and they are longing for an outlet. Is the NSRA the right one, probably not for traditions sake but I can see the growth potential also.

I see negative comments on forums but when I talk to people with cars they are gung ho...but will they actually come through?

I actually know several people that are not going to the Round Up this year and who are going to Oklahoma to see what it is like this year. I found that interesting...and no they were not "billet" guys nor were they rockabilly traditionalists either.

This is going to be interesting to watch long term...for me anyway.

I still do not see how they can get all the extra cars in at some of the shows.

27. draggin83

draggin83

I agree that I don't think Pintos and Chevettes will be there ( or wil they:D)but I live in Louisville and I know the mentality of the people who are now able to attend and you older guys are not going to like your new Street Rod buddies. donk-car-pictures.jpg

28. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Man thats an UGLY ASS car.........

29. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Anyone know if NSRA is eliminating Wings Callahan's music as well?? Maybe going with Snoop Dog or Eminem?? Just curious??:)

30. sota

sota

Way too funny Matt!!!

But wait they just may!!!:eek:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010