Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louisville NSRA 2010?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flipper, Feb 21, 2010.

1. paintcan54

paintcan54

The wife and I will go again this year, as she enjoys the "Tea Party for the Ladies", as she gets to catch up with friends that we don't see any time but there. I'm going just to see what everybody brings, should be interesting "IF everybody does what they say" I'm a car guy if I don't like it I go by it, if I like it I'll stop and look. AND yes it is about the Money, and yes they don't care what we think.

2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

yeah,i'll give it a shot.at least once.not going to pass judgement till i see it for myself.shit i'm a car guy,i like cars ,pretty much ALL CARS,except hondas/toyotas,and both my sons have those and i've worked on them.( had to buy new tools but that another story:D). i'll try it if it sucks i won't go back.give it at least one shot.jmo

3. Capitan Insano

Capitan Insano

I'm going to be a vendor. Hope I don't drive 3000 miles for nothing.

4. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

All they had to do was look closely at their experiment in Richmond, Va. They are just like politicians because they don't listen to the voters. Richmond has not drawn anywhere near the participants or spectators expected. Why not? One big reason was a lack of advertising. I talked to one of the founders at that show a couple of years ago and the excuses were just as lame as I expected. One ad in the local paper does not constitute an ad campaign. If the postings in StreetScene were supposed to reach the 1948-1972 crowd then what if they are not already members of NSRA? They also scheduled the meet on the same weekend that their state safety inspectors home culb had been holding its annual run and fund-raiser for many years and would not listen to any pleas to change. That prevented dozens of cars from going to Richmond. What is a Street Rod? Can you call a Dodge Dart, a Toyota or a 1975 Nisson truck a street rod? Sounds to me as though the organization will need to change its name. Any business ( profit making= money ) that does not listen to its customer is destined to fail. And thats the truth Pluuzzzzzz!!!!

5. the-rodster

the-rodster

HA! Good one....

[​IMG]

6. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

NASCAR with Toyotas,Street rods with Toyotas .What the F--K is up with that,What happened to AMERICAN pride.I just might sell my shit and buy a Harley least the bikers have pride

7. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I feel I have to go. I'm only a hundred miles away and have been going forever. I won't be going with the same enthusiasm as I have in the past. I might stay over one night instead of four. I feel NSRA gave us a bad situation to deal with. They went too far with the cut-off dates, which don't make me feel special anymore. There are many events to choose from, Louisville will now take a back seat to others.

8. Yes, The Rod Kings will hold the meet & greet at the same spot as last year. We have already made plans! There will be plenty of southern hospitality (moonshine) for everyone.

9. 41 C28

41 C28

I want to attend to just see what it will be like, but I don't want to attend to protest.
    They went way too far.

10. slobroy

slobroy

I'm not planning to go this year. I'm saving my money to go to Bonneville, If I get my truck finished.

11. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Is this the new shirt design for the Nationals?

[​IMG]

12. Choptop

Choptop

come to the Conours d'LeMons at Road Atlanta:

Concours d'LeMons Atlanta
    Held in conjunction with the Classic Motorsports Mitty 2010
    May 2, 2010
    Road Atlanta, GA

you'll love it :D

its a show designed for Pinto's, Pacers, Gremlins, Trabants, Skoda's, Chevette's .. .you get the picture.

13. tradrod

tradrod

(From a HOTRODDER:D)

No
    S
    treet
    Rodders
    Attending

14. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Correct me if I am wrong, but won't an 81 model be barred from entering. Isn't 80 the cut off? I live 20 miles from the fairgrounds, but had not planned to go because of the newer cars. I stopped paying my membership several years ago to save money, because I didn't have a "Street Rod" any more. What blows me away is the NSRA's own website, defining what a Street Rod is, then opening the nationals up to 1970 & 1980 cars. My own personal belief is if they want more money and a younger crowd, reopen the Street Machine division. To me they slapped the members in the face by deciding for them what should happen. I think every one who was a member, should have had a vote in the change. That is what americans do when they are a member of something. Otherwise, stop the memberships, and just charge a event fee. I don't choose to renew my membership, so I can drive my 55 Plymouth in, because in my book, it will never be a Street Rod. My 2 cents.

15. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

I'm gonna go to NSRA Knoxville and see how that is and if i hate it i won't go to louisville. Probably gonna try to make it to evansville instead

16. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to see all the different opinions discused here on the HAMB!!
    As the old saying goes "You can make SOME of the people"------etc.

When NSRA was being newly formed, Tex Smith, Gilbert Bugg, Bud Bryan, Tom Medley. & Dick Wells attended one of our LAR club meetings in 1971, to ask if they could borrow the LAR's (copy) of our Constitution, to set up the new NSRA program, etc.----I was club Sec. at that time & remember that LAR voted unanimously to fulfill their request, & of course gave them a copy to digest for NSRA's benefit. A short time later, all LAR club members became NSRA members to support the sport, out of all 25 members (LAR), I remember JACK STEWART was the only one that stepped up & bought a "Lifetime" membership for 250 (?) bucks.

The pix are from our first cross country adventure to the Detroit Nats in 1972, traveling with R&C editor BUD BRYAN & TOM MEDLEY (Stroker McGurk), from LA to Detroit 2500 miles at 500 miles per day, 5 days.---------Then return back home to LA to go back to work!!-----Don:D:D

Attached Files:

17. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Let us know how the Knoxville things goes.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and how many peeps working the entrance gates are going to know the difference between an 1980 or 1981 anything?? The whole thing is a comical joke. I bet you could roll thru the gates with an 1985 something or another and a as long as you've paid the fee and have your sticker on the windshield and your button on, the minions at the gate are just going to smile and wave ya thru. ;)

19. derpr

derpr

I can't wait to go but instead of driving the fourty, I'm goinn in my daily driver 72 pacer hope they like my flames

20. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

From what I see already posted here ... :)

The folks who live close by ... are still going.
    Add in those who can NOW enter with their 1949 up rides.

MOST HAMBERS ... who live more than 250 miles or so away and have a pre 49 ride ... are staying home.

No doubt ... a good many of the vendors are all in favor of this 1980 cut off :eek: They will now have a wider range of
    " CUSTOMERS "
    to sell their products and services to. A set of SBC valve covers ... that fits a SBC in a street rod also fits a 1980 Camaro. A LOT of the stuff rodders buy ... also will fit the new stuff. I doubt that Kylon 32, Dick Spadaro and folks who mainly sell pre 49 stuff will see a increase in their business but you know Southern Rods, Parr Automotive and a LOT of the other vendors cannot wait to tap into this NEW money source.

If you take a 1980 Citation and register it @ the NATS to spite NSRA ... ... you have not done anything ...but ... PAY them ... the money they wanted. :mad:

I may go to Knoxville ... or I may stay home.
    I just have not made up my mind yet ( or ... my wife has not yet told me we are going :D )

21. chevy3755

chevy3755

I'm staying home and my hot rod doesnt even have a Walker radiator..............

22. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I agree!!! and if it is about the money,as I said earlier they still messed up! I live in Kansas and gan go to Goodguys or a bunch of other events with mixed cars.The ONLY reason I would drive all the way to Kentucky is because there woul be a large show with only pre 49 cars.I am sure people all across the country feel the same. As I said before.NSRA is nothing special or different now! THEY SCREWED UP BIG TIME!!!!

23. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Speaking of Walker radiators, I know at least 2 people that had there Walker radiators repaired locally and the radiator shop said the problem they see with them is they didn't TIN the brass tanks.

Ago
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

24. Choptop

Choptop

Gold rockers, side pipes, Cragars, raised whites, Hurst badges. The Hurst Pacer they never made :D

Pacers didnt go into production until 75 btw ;)

[​IMG]

25. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Not going and I also let my membership expire........I have now replaced it with the Frog follies starting last year. I actually think the Frog Follies swap meet is bigger than Louisville's.....just another 100 miles down the road!!!!!!!!!

26. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

I made a 1700+ mile trip last year. It was great. Friendly folks, great facility and well organized.
    11,000 plus cars! How much more is enough? When the numbers drop below the 9,000 mark maybe move it to 1960.
    I am letting my membership expire and will not travel to see late model cars (pre 80). Every cruise night and local show in my area already have that!

27. One thing that occurred to me earlier today is that Louisville and really the whole "Kentuckyanna" area seems to have a pretty large street machine population. There could be thousands of '69 Comaro's, tubbed out Chevelle's, V8 S-10's, Blown Corvette's etc, etc... show up from less than 100 miles from the fair grounds. What scares me most though is clubs. I'll puke if I see a parade of '70's 4X4's or Corvettes.

28. toms37gmc

toms37gmc

Dropped my membership and won't be going.
    Had been a member for almost 30 years, and worked gate at the event many times, never got a dime or even a free T-shirt (did get a free water one real hot day).
    Who would have dreamed that the "80 Chevette (the worst car I ever owned) I had at one time would be eligable for the Street Rod Nats.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I can tell ya from a vendor point of view......the show has been getting worse for us each year at ALL the NSRA events and Good Guys shows.
    I guess it is just the economy.
    But I did not do ANY NSRA events last year and had done the Louisville show for 5 years.........
    many people emailed me after the show last year asking where I was......
    I told them

The Symco Shakedown

THAT is a cool show

yeah - there are a lot more cars at Louisville............but there is more fun at Symco

and THAT is what is important to me.......

sterile shows are ok

but it seems that the smaller shows are where the fun is

I would LOVE to be able to check out Alan's lemons show
    that looks FUN

KKOA - BIG show..........but still a really fun show

drags in the park and kustoms in the shade...........that is a great time in the middle of summer.

anyway - I wont be attending NSRA shows at all
    If people in Louisville want to see a GOOD show - go to Beatersville!!!!

I WILL be there!!!!!!!!!!!

30. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i'am not going also let my membership expire will go to the frog follies i like street machines and lead sleads but i went to the nationals because of the type of cars that were there and the people