Register now to get rid of these ads!

Loud exhaust, is it just me getting old?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wex65, Jun 6, 2013.

1. firingorder1

firingorder1

When I was in my teens everything that was loud was baaad. It took a while to realize that a stock engine with a loud exhaust is nothing more than annoying. If you aren't racing it, put a muffler on it. The only person you're fooling is yourself.

2. 3030

Now that I'm 60 I still like them LOUD. Funny it's the only way I can hear them!

3. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from SoCal

Don't really like 'em loud, I'm more a TONE over VOLUME kinda guy.

4. fsae0607

fsae0607

Just ordered me some 18" Brockman steel-packed mufflers for my 61! Let's see how the BB jimmy-6 sounds now!

I'll say it again... I like my stuff loud!

5. oldsman41

oldsman41

I have really loud pipes on my 41 olds but I just run around town with it, isn't to bad yet. we use our 51 merc for the long rides and I have smithys and pipes out at the bumper. with the flatty they are just right when I get in overdrive.

6. What? Did you say something????

I am nearly deaf in my left ear and have poor hearing in the right :>. Too many runs down the quarter mile in a fuel car with no ear plugs I guess. Then while in the army, those damn tank engines didn't help any.