Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost wallet in bonneville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by petiesrods, Aug 11, 2012.

1. petiesrods

petiesrods

Lost a wallet in bonneville possibly at start line. Any help would be great. Kelly Hawthorne. 270.202.8700.

2. I am sure someone will turn it in. Check with all the official spots there and leave your info.

3. petiesrods

petiesrods

Hey, I'm famous...got my name announced over the radio at the salt flats! Seriously though, wallet turned in with no cash missing. Thanks Bonneville and especially who turned it in! And thanks HAMB, first thing I thought of when noticed it gone...guessing there might be a few HAMBers here.

4. nolly

nolly

I heard on the radio link that it had been found & handed in!!:):cool:

...must type faster!!!:D:rolleyes:

5. In my experience ... a drag race track or LSR venue is about as good a place as you can get for losing something .... usually it's turned in.

Glad it worked out for you.

6. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Good deal!! Shouldn't have been too hard to find on the salt!!!

7. Thats awsome man ! I once lost a checkbook at a redneck bar/ resturanrt in PA and was mailed to me a week later. UI had already closed it out though.
    I turned in a found wallet to Police in Conway, NH. I had the feeling it was just gonna end up on a shelf with no interest in notifing the owner. Next time I'll retunrn in person if possible.

8. metal man

metal man

No more honest people in the world than real hot rodders. Makes you feel good about the company you keep,huh?

9. 'Lost my wallet at the startline'.........there's a joke in there somewhere :D

Glad you got it back.

10. greaseyknight

greaseyknight
    from Burley WA

And it didn't matter, because it was already empty!

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

good deal. a lot of shady guys there:rolleyes:

12. Like any racer-you gotta empty your wallet just to get to the starting line. :rolleyes:

Oldmics

13. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

when we used to go to races i merced ca,dirt track,claimers there was a lady that found a wallet.her name was hellen hunt,the announcer said if you lost yours ,well you get the joke

14. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Glad you got your wallet back..... I lost what was "in" ours when we were in Las Vegas. All that money jumped out of our wallets and was quickly devoured by a number of slots machines!!! :(

15. KeithDyer

KeithDyer

Amen to that . . . . . .

16. petiesrods

petiesrods

Definitely made me feel pretty good about keeping company with rodders! Thanks all.

17. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

That's great to hear with all the people at the flats and someone finds your wallet and leaves all the cash in it !
    Now that's a really good person with respect of someone else's property to do that for you ! It's always great to hear something that good when it comes to hotrodders ! We usually all stick together and help each other out when in need .
    Glad you got everything back .

Retro Jim

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Losing a wallet is a major pain in the rear........lots of stuff to cancel and to reapply for, and the money almost becomes secondary.

Glad to hear an honest person turned it in, shows there are good people in this world nowadays. :)

Don

19. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Almost 60 years of chasing races of all types and I've heard of very few "problems" at the venues, it's the going to and coming from.

We had a bad experience on the way to B'ville one year. Luckily 2 of us had cards through the same outfit, card that survived had the 800# to call to report the stolen one, saved us a lot of extra hassle. One lesson learned, make and keep with you a list of any numbers that might be needed in a separate location.

Ed

20. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

I found a wallet In a parking lot at a store a few years back. I looked at the ID and he was from the neighbor hood so I thought I would just drive by and return it, after I was finished shopping. When I walked out I saw a guy looking for something. I asked if he lost a wallet.
    It was his. The first thing he did was look to see if any money was missing (I didn't even look at the money) he just left without even a thank you!

21. had tht happen to me as well,,a NO thank you at all..

but on the other side,found a wallet one time with 3 .00 in it..delivered back to the address inside..a few days later 3 lottery tickets came in the mail..(didn't win,but it's the thought that counts)
    Found a waud of money on a clip in a big box store parking lot..went into the store and told them if someone calls looking for their cash to call me..few hours later got a call,he discribed the money clip in detail..turned out I knew the guy and he was also dead on the amount of cash..

so what goes around comes around..

Rick

22. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

Apparently sociologists have studied this since practice, being honest with fellow members, isn't too uncommon amongst various tight knit groups like hot rodders, bikers, racers, pilots etc. The theory is that these groups do not steal "from the tribe". Whether the sociologists are right or not, I like the feel of "we don't steal from the tribe". Yep, I can live with that.

23. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found a wallet once with several hundred dollars in it. Turns out the guy had several bench warrants out on him, and was super hard to track down. I found his mother after a while, but she was sure I was the cops. I gave her my number and asked her to have him call me. A couple of weeks later, he did. It did end well; he was able to absolutely prove it was his, and ended up giving me $100. I said NO once, but seeing the trouble I went to, I accepted the money.

24. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Left my cell phone sitting on the parachute pack last week and drove off for a test run. Wasn't gone long when I remembered where I left it and rushed home. Looked for it all the way, but no sign.
    When I got home I opened the screen door and there was the phone. I noticed someone had made a call to a friend in my call list, so I called him on a hunch. He said some lady had found it and redialed the last number, and he told her where I lived. She dropped it off and never said who she is, so can't thank her.
    Sure made me feel better about people in general.

25. After evicting my tenants for being 3 months behind and just generally being idiots, an inheritance check came in the mail for them. I called a couple of their relatives but they swore they knew nothing of where they went. I went to wifes known place of employment (dropped her off when their car was down) and they knew nothing either.
    I left a few messages with the name from whom the check was sent from (niece) and heard nothing again. I finally just mailed the check back to that address and hoped for the best. I never did here anything about it in the end but you would think for a check being worth several thousand dollars you'd hear something....like a Thank You

26. Hope your name is not Mike Hawk

27. metal man

metal man

28. Or Sharron Peters

29. I was at GG in Puyallup last month... No one around the car I see the owners Cell phone sittting on the roof of the car, put it under his jacket on the front seat. Came back a bye a bit later and told him I saw his phone sitting on the roof of the car and set under his jacket... He thanked me ... He was sure when he came back (knowing it was on the roof it would be gone)

30. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

i like Buster Cherry