Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lost then found, 34 hot rod roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Mar 20, 2011.

1. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i cut down the saddle to make the T5 fit as seen in my latest update. i cut about 4 inches of height out, and will cover the new opening with a plate curved to match. trans slides right through, and the wishbone mount is undisturbed. hallelujah.

next time the body comes off, i'll try to remember to take a pic of it.

2. Started chipping some paint today while I look and wait for parts. Black lacquer underneath about 5 different paint jobs. It's so fun getting through all the colors and day dreaming. Time consuming though. Thankful I've got good tunes.

Attached Files:

3. Man, killer Gow. I would have guessed you would need to whittle more away cool.

4. I got these sweet hurst engine mounts from my pal Gerry. Love the boxes!

Thanks Gerr!

Attached Files:

5. Forgot I had this. Someone was talking quickies before. I wouldn't use this in the 34. Couldn't cut into the floor, and it will be full fendered.

If I use a Columbia in 34, maybe I'll use in the 32.

6. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

thank you for the kind words John. I love the toss salad joke. I'll gladly paint the trannys green. lol Jared

7. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

hey Mel, when are you going to start bolting that roadster together???

8. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Diggin the Indian Mel!! -E

9. I'm ready I'm ready Jared!

I need more stuff!!! The one thing I've learned is you need every piece for a proper mock up! I was going to use a V8 60 tube up front, but now looking for a nice old dropped axle. Help a guy out!
    I want some extra pieces to play with too. So far I have reversed eye front 41 spring for the rear, or an extra rear crossmember for pancaking. Not sure if I have to go that far.
    Not sure what I'm going to do till I start mocking it up.

The frame looks to be square, But I still need to check it 1st. I only have a 34 rear or a Columbia so far. But I also need to move some stuff around to drag the frame in and start mocking. I'll get my buddy Pat to help, he's volunteering!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  10. Jared, you got any cad/olds/lasalle parts? Any collectors of these parts up by you?

What about that queer pete? Bet he dresses in girls sexy nighties while he plays with his parts!

11. Thanks Eric! Bike is so sick, I love it. Dream come true.

I must admit, I'm trying to not chop it up. Hahaaa. I won't!
    But I am looking for some original paint tins. Even if it don't match. I just love dirty old bikes. Trust me, I'm happy with this one!!!

12. Lookin good Mel. I'll throw my opinion in there, it does not really matter but here goes.

I had a T-5 for a while. I was gonna run it in my old 34 roadster. But I just could not get excited about it. If your going for a period style car, why cheat with an updated tranny. I like old cars, because they are old cars...not because they will keep with with moderen cars on the freeways. I do like to go down the highways with ease...so I sold the T-5 and was looking for a columbia when this popped up. It's out of a 41 Lincoln. No biggy side shift overdrive...but is set up for a closed driveline/torque tube! The ONLY problem to this is were the solernoid is located...pretty much right were the saddle is. A friend of mine bought this tranny for the Lincoln gears, I'm gonna throw Ford gears in it and go. Do not know if this thing will go in the 34 or the 41 convertible...but at least I got it :D

Get going on that fucker Mel...I'm having a blast with mine. Lets meet up at B-ville this year in em beings JJ won't work on his coupe :D

[​IMG]

13. This is my buddy Hollywood's bike. Yeahhh!

Attached Files:

14. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Mel just contact the Jokers MC over seas...those cats got all the old American iron!! lol

15. Wow Chris, that thing is rad! Trust me, I'm with you. I like old hot rods, I like old parts, and I love that I can use all this stuff and still keep up with traffic!

Al Clarke of Go Devil garage has a few bitchin cars. His 29 Rpu is rediculous. It drives better then any hot rod I've ever been in. He has a flatty V8, 39 trans, banjo rear. He is a master of adjustment. He had it so dialed in. Remember, he helped the bones guy early on, he is a ruler!
    Jeremy in my club has a 30 Pu with a hot flatty and a Lincoln zephyr trans he pulled out of a car in the woods. He does 80 mph for three hrs straight. Back when we were doing those Motor Speedway shows at shitty raceway park, those guys were running those cars 3 hrs or more down and then 3 hrs back, while beating the snot out of them in between trips. All old technology! Check out my profile for pics of those guys racing. Fun times!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  16. You guys ready for this? I think I'm going to channel my 32 roadster again! Hahaha, nut job I am! I am bored already. I'm looking for a scot blower too. Taking her racing I hope!

17. I know those cats. I was in their subterranean club house. What a weird spot!
    I helped do a photo shoot with an A-bomber pal of mine. We were pouring bleach on those slicks of that mean ass looking 29 Rpu in some alley. Nice people.

18. Cshabang

Cshabang

If youre bored Mel, start digging through your parts..Ill send a list this week...haha

19. richie rebel

richie rebel

this is a badass thread,love it,thanks.richie..............

20. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Al's RPU is sick, he smoked a Vet at Motor Speedway...LOVE IT!!!! It looks stock like a farm truck but its all hot rod!!

21. Bored, are you kidding. Bored with the style.

My day consists of waking up at 5am. Cruising hamb and drinking coffee before anyone wakes. Then it's breakfast time for the boy. Then I basically clean around him all day. What a little pig. Alec baldwin was probable right about his daughter. She probable is a dirty little piggy! Hahaaaa. Life is good, but I go all day long. Still working on house too. Love my new bathroom, feels nice to soak your old bones!

I'm about to list some 29 roadster parts buckwheat! Get on em.

22. Mark T

Mark T

You can run all day at 70 with this setup.

Attached Files:

23. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

Mel, I don't have anything extra right now. I did hear that one of dave s. buddys had a 37 floorshift for sale and I see them on evil bay too. Also I do have a Buddy here in Pawtucket that can shorten a caddy tran to fit a ford torque tube when you do find one. I finally got the chance to run mine down the strip last year at Orange Mass and it was a lot of fun. side step it and all. ps don't pick on Pete, were all special people inside:D

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awwww blow it out your ass ogre.

I'll tell you what, trade me for my 3w and you can build that into a race car. :D Don't touch that damn car!!!

25. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Here's what you need Mel. '37 Lasalle and a Columbia... :D

Attached Files:

26. Wow Mark, sweet set up! Clean too. Is that a Borg unit in there? What rear, what gears?

27. Jared, keep your eyes peeled for me. I got a line on a few things, but nothing is final yet. Thanks!

28. Yeah man, that's what I'm shooting for! 1st choice.

I have the Columbia and the engine, looking for the rest.

Any help from you fine people is greatly appreciated! I need to get on this car. End of the world is this December!!! If I liked funny names, I'd deem her "my Mayan princess". Hahaaaa

29. gonzo

gonzo

Excellent, I have the same deal. Matter of fact the little Hell Raiser is starting to stir now, I'm off.

30. Mark T

Mark T

Mel,

I wish I could say its mine but its not, just a picture that i saved for reference.

It looks like its a Borg overdrive unit removed from a transmission and spliced into the driveline. I think the one in Zach Suhr's roadster was done the same way.