Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost photo of a Tucker.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevin Lee, May 7, 2009.

1. A Rodder

A Rodder

i am 29, and when i first started driving here in my town there was a tucker that an old guy had that had a repair shop, i seen that car probably at least a dozen times, he drove it all the time. he was in his late sixties or so. i haven't seen it in at least ten years. not sure what happened to it. i hit the link for the tucker society and seen none from oregon. his was gold or light tan metallic. his last name was Janecek and his shop was Janecek motors. Even though i was young i new the count was around 50 that was made but now it is in more of a perspective of how rare that car is. it is amazing that so many of the originals are still out there. good thread, Joe

2. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I would post them up on the fourm at tuckerclub.org they could give you an answer pretty quick and would appreaciate the pics more than anyone.

I have have been facinated by the Tucker since I was a kid, the cool thing is I found out later that my grandfather put a deposit down on one at the Dallas (Tx) Tucker dealership, and keep all of his paperwork which I now have today.

3. My uncle had a Tucker radio and a set of fitted luggage. He never did get the Tucker to go with them. He did, later, buy a 300SL coupe. First time I went 100 MPH was in that gullwing.

4. Splinter

Splinter

Kind of how I felt in light of recent events...Is Preston Tucker smiling down at this debacle?

5. UK Comet

UK Comet

Here's my quick clean up pic.

Attached Files:

6. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Nice picture! I allways like when another tucker thread pops up on the hamb :)

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

David Cammack passed away? That's too bad. His collection was legendary. He had almost all of the prototypes engines, 2 of the prototype chassis', and damn near ALL of the blueprints. Apparently he had never driven any of his restored Tuckers (yes plural) after the restorations because he didn't want anything to happen to them. Hemmings Classic Car did a nice article on the collection a couple years ago. I have always wanted to see that collection. Glad to see his wishes that it all go that musuem are being honored.

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"I'm curious about that spring you can clearly see behind the front tire..." I wonder if that spring is for the hood hinges, perhaps?? Trunk, I guess I should say!

9. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Cool, nice picture. Dad told me once that my grandparents and him went up to Des Moines to see a Tucker that was touring around the country and it had a stop at a dealership in Des Moines, Iowa. Unfortunately Grandpa didn't end up with a Tucker.

10. BarneyO

BarneyO
    from here

In the interest of preserving history I just talked with a film processing pro and asked about how to go about processing really old film. Was there any special prcautions or treatments.....
    He says that if its black/white film with reasonable storage conditions (heat/humidity) there should not be too much degradation.
    But if it is color it will probably be in pretty bad shape unless storage conditions were exceptionally good, even then degradation is to be expected.

Hope this is helpful.

When I was stationed at Treasure Isle in San Francisco back in 1958, I saw a Tucker in a museum out in Golden Gate Park. Fantastic automobile, decades ahead of his time!!!

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  11. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

thats pretty much what I was thinking.....

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

13. Gaters

Gaters

My Pop always told me his dad put down a deposit on a Tucker when they lived in South Gate, CA. As it went, they never delivered. I wonder what the sequence number was? A certificate or such would be a good collectible.

Gaters -