Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my Licence for a year...no more cruzin' for me....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mai Ki-Ki, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Stuffed up last night and... well the upshoot is I loose my licence for a year. [​IMG]

I am gonna be so depressed!

Madly teaching my girlfriend to drive my car over the next month..(still have my licence for 28 days...)So I can still get around.

Well gonna start doing all those things to my car that require it to be off the road...The last 6 years the car has only been off the road for 1 week, when it got painted. So she gets a rest and a lot of work done.

Not looking for sympathy or nuthin' just BE CAREFUL what you do when you go out and be safe.

Maiki.

2. Man that sucks...Pleease tell me it was not from drinking and driving! Lost a VERY CLOSE friend last year to a drunk driver, all it takes is one F-up and you can wreck your life or somebody elses. Whatever the reason that sucks, just enjoy making other people haul your ass around for awhile [​IMG]

3. autocol

autocol

mate, in our town you can lose your licence for sneezing. i'd give mai-ki the benefit of the doubt and say he was probably cracking our draconian speedlimits by a small margin.

at least half my friends have lost their licence at one time or another (and everybody's got that one mate who's NOT had it more often than they HAVE!).

enjoy the PT mike, it's fucking crap. [​IMG]

better put a V8 in the EK then aye? [​IMG]

4. DrJ

DrJ

I did that once the fun part is the insane insurance rates for the next forever.
    I vaguely remember another Aussie HAMBer was walking for a while....

5. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I lost mine for 20 days for getting my first speeding ticket. New Hampshire had JUST passed this law where if you got any moving violation and you were under 20 years old, you lose your license for 20 days. NOW I have to explain that bullshit every time I need to change my insurance.

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Sorry to hear it man, hope you get allot done.

7. The logistics of this are gonna be a nightmare. I'm lucky that my job is a short Public Transport ride away, and I'm moving to within 25 minutes of the city (on foot) in 2 weeks time..

...Yes i was picked up for 'drink driving'...driving home at 6am after having a long night out with good friends, where I didn't drink anywhere as much as usual and waiting till a stupidly late hour to drive home. (should have eaten dinner but...)

I certainly wasn't 'drunk', as I would never let myself drive drunk with my grrl onboard, just as she wouldn't let me either. But I was over the limits we have here.

Once again I'm not complaining...I'll do the time. Just Posting here to say BE WATCHFUL of what you do.

Cos this is gonna suck hardcore. Even if i get all the work done on my ride by the best shows at the end of the year...my grrl will have to drive the car for me to the shows... [​IMG] ...

Maiki

The 'Pedestrian' .

8. JamesG

JamesG

Dude move to the States, you got to do a bunch of shit to loose your licence here, bummer to hear that though. [​IMG]

9. old beet

old beet

MKK, time flys, I been there, done that. You ain't the Lone Ranger. Other people are just lucky!!!!.....OLDBEET

10. Thanks BEET....All my friends are shitscared now. Most of them do this shit all the time....Hell I've never even had a speeding ticket in my life...

Get pulled over and asked about the legality of my car and for random breath tests all the time, but never had any trouble ever...

Time to buy some new steelcaps...the ones I have are gonna wear out fast. [​IMG]

Maiki

11. Been there. You seem to be keeping your chin up about it though. I think I stayed in bed for two or three days -numb- before I could start my endless complaining about it. Certainly made me appreciate my 'privilege' to drive after I was reinstated.

12. Boones

Boones
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

sorry to hear... I stopped drinking and driving after two good friends were stopped and busted with in two weeks of each other.. both had to have their wifes/girlfriends drive them and it was a hassle getting rides to work everyday... Decided it was not worth it... Did not love the beer that much

13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

bad luck Mai Ki. But as you say you got caught out. Hey I know when I was a lot younger I was prone to do the same thing, nver got busted though; lots of speeding tickets though. But as some one said earlier, a stuff up like drink driving can end in disaster; such as ruining someone elses life or your own. I am sure it will be a lesson learnt ( the hard way unfortunately), for both you and people you know. Hey man things happen for a reason. If you need a lift don't hesitate to ask!!! I also commend you for this post, you didn't have to tell the world about this. Geoff

14. Thanks Geoff...appreciate your words. Still walking around shell shocked. If i Wasnt moving to Collingwood in 2 weeks I would be stuffed. Picking up my Huge (almost 2 metres long) cruiser bike this weekend coming up too, think it will be my main mode of transport now!

Thanks Again.
    Trying to imagine what driving again will feel like after a whole year without driving...

-

MAIKI

15. old beet

old beet

MKK, sad thing is I got busted 2 blocks from my house. Drivin my soon to be wife's ?some pos 4dr? I was drunk. No, ya can't walk home. The sheriff was chasin a drunk driver, that passed me, and I was goin so slow around the curves(about10) SHE noticed I was also drunk (driven too slow). Had I been driving a hot rod ...Never mind the guy would never pass me.....As you see I drink at home now. Cheers!!!!......OLDBEET

16. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

Man that sucks....

17. long island vic

long island vic

get a drunk driving on long island and they take your car. then they sell it.

18. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">I was impressed by Australia's "Drink Driving" laws and low tolerence, also the fact that it is posted EVERYWHERE. (Melbourne)

Sorry bout your luck homie but, you fuck with the bull, you're gonna get the horns.

We had a friend killed last Semptember because he was in a car and the driver was also TOOOOOOO drunk, They hit a tree at a still to be determined speed and Josh was killed instantly.

The driver will get at least eight years in the "POKEY" and fifteen parole.

They' really gonna show this guy why it's called the pokey. </font>

19. k9racer

k9racer

You can keep driving but dont drive a lot. Just buy a average looking auto and blend in.Drive real careful and maybe you will not get caught.Good Luck..

20. Mutt

Mutt

[ QUOTE ]
    You can keep driving but dont drive a lot. Just buy a average looking auto and blend in.Drive real careful and maybe you will not get caught.Good Luck..

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT is just about the dumbest post I have seen on this board.

MKK, kudos for taking responsibility for your actions. It's tough to be suspended, but with your attitude you'll survive. Good luck.

Mutt

21. No I can't keep driving.

Do you know how screwed you are if you have an accident whilst driving without a licence? Only a total fuckwit would do that. (i'm merely a bloody idiot).

[​IMG]

maiki

22. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

The best part of being drunk in charge, taking other peoples lives in your hands, getting banned, catching buses and all that good stuff, is when you come to get insurance next time you drive. Oooooeeee, you're going to suffer!

In the UK you lose your license the day you are caught, and you can go to jail too, depending on how shitfaced you are. Minimum one year automatic ban, possibly a massive fine.

23. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

In Texas if you got caught you'd pay no less than $5,ooo dollars in court and legal fees and your put on probation for a while (a breathalizer in the car i've heard sux). I stoped drinkin and driving cause I chanced it too many times. I'm glad I hadn't killed anybody or myself.. Good luck though, hey you can talk more on the HAMB now...

24. gotcha

gotcha
    from Sanger, TX

In Texas, you get your license suspended if you refuse a breath test, and now we can do mandatory blood draws to check intoxication level(in some cases)...I agree, don't drive w/o the license, it's only gonna cause more trouble...Also, good for you for taking the heat...

JP

25. Germ

Germ

[ QUOTE ]
    In Texas, you get your license suspended if you refuse a breath test, and now we can do mandatory blood draws to check intoxication level(in some cases)...I agree, don't drive w/o the license, it's only gonna cause more trouble...Also, good for you for taking the heat...

JP

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but its LEGAL to MARRY your SISTER...
    and TAKE SHOWERS with your 15 year old son, as long as you wear COWBOY BOOTS............

"THEM" the CAR CLUB...
    Just made it ILLEGAL to say RAT ROD on TUESDAY,,,,,,,,

DRUNK DRIVING is BAD NEWS,,,,,

And it's always that WRECK that would have HAPPENED even if you were SOBER, that WILL FUCK YOUR LIFE UP....

I have a FRIEND holmes, you should meet, he;'s JUST like you, except he crashed and now he is PARALYZED from the waste DOWN, with DAMAGE to his VERBAL MOTOR SKILLS,,,
    and his ARMS only work one way, with FINGER MOVEMENT minimal....
    I had to hold his COCK once and AIM it into a CUP when we were at this FUNERAL, cause he forgot his DRIP BAG

DRUNK DRIVING is SOMETHING I was GUILTY of THOUSANDS OF TIMES,

I QUIT before I got CAUGHT,,,

TOUGH LESSON BRO,,,,

GERM

26. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT is just about the dumbest post I have seen on this board.

MKK, kudos for taking responsibility for your actions. It's tough to be suspended, but with your attitude you'll survive. Good luck.

Mutt

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but, when in ALABAMA...

I also agree on being man enough to take the heat.

You will look back later and be glad this is how it happened.

27. hey mikee,

fuck man no no no no no... i cant believe it... i was reading and going, please dont be for drink driving. shit man thats tough...

well you will always have a ride in the roadster when you need it. thought about what your going to do with the ride? maybe an omen to sell up and start building that rod? you have a year to do it!!!!

take care man and if you need a lift anytime let me know ok.

danny