Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Lost my dad today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOSTONCAMARO, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJ13

SJ13
    from PNW

flag on ice.jpg Sorry For The Loss Of Your Father ... His Sacrifice To Country ... His Wisdom And Kind Deeds Will Live Through Many Generations To Come ...

2. The dads who served our country were cut out of the same cloth and awesome all around. I lost my dad late in 2013, he was 96 and served in Africa & Italy in WWII (USAF) and was in the reserves for the Korean War. Thanks for sharing those pictures, you should be very proud of him.

3. Hey buddy I am so sorry for your loss, I only hope that your dad didn't suffer and that you are yours mend soon. Keep your head up you can get past this.

I'll keep you in my thoughts

4. Lost my Dad nearly ten years ago, I think of him ( and my mother) EVERY day and miss them.Dad was a B-24 nose gunner in the 15th USAAF in Italy, always curious about things and above all....honest. Abe Lincoln honest.So was my mom.
    Time heals all wounds, be glad you had a great man in your life.

5. Thanks so much for sharing your dad with us. I feel the respect and admiration you had for him. You are a lucky man to stand in his shadow.
    I felt the same about my dad. He too was an aviator. He flew P-38 fighters with the 5th Army Air Corps, 475 Fighter Group in the Pacific in 1944. The stories he could tell! I grew up in his shadow and that of his generation.
    He is gone now, about 11 years. I think of him every day. He was the bravest man I ever knew.

6. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last July and I know how you feel. Take care ......

7. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

My prayers go out to you and your family. I am very sorry for your loss.

8. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

sorry for your loss.

9. Sorry for your loss man, losing you dad is tough. :(
    -Pat

10. bustedwrench

bustedwrench

Very sorry for your loss.

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to you, and all of the Family & his friends. lost my Dad many years ago, and just broke into tears after reading your tribute to your Dad.

12. My dad was in the 15th as well. 461st bombardment group. He had great memories of his time there. He was also stationed in North Africa earlier on.

13. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

so sorry for your loss. i lost my dad 15 years ago, and i still miss having him to talk to and ask for advice. he, too was a ww2 guy.

14. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Your words describing your father and his character are touching and a testament to the love he invested in you and your family. My condolences.

15. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

What a testament to your Dad, after reading about his service and commitment to his family and fellow man, we all lost when he passed. Keep his memory alive in your heart.

16. bradshaw

bradshaw
    from ontario

Sorry for your loss.

17. So sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I will be praying for grace and peace for you and your family during this ordeal.

If you need anything from afar, just let me know! I'll do what I can!

18. cball

cball

What a great tribute to your father, and I am so sorry for your loss.

19. thank you guys, it helps to see these kinds words from fellow gear heads...I have a thread on here titled "Street Racing in Boston in the 60's..." it talks a lot about my dad, other New England guys etc. my dad loved when I had started that thread, he had noticed and was able to read up on local stories and reconnect with some guys by email.

patmanta likes this.
  20. janbuick

janbuick

sorry for your loss
    I lost mine 2 years ago and it still hurts
    be strong

21. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Tim, So sorry for you loss, thank you for telling us about your dad's life, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

22. ems customer service

ems customer service

23. 80WTI

80WTI

So sorry for you and your families loss, they built them tuff in the old days and your old man sounds like he was the genuine guy.

24. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear about your dad. Your father had been to my shop (s) many times over the past 25+ years. He was a great guy. He'd stop by the shop just to see what was going on, checking on the latest project. And he would tell me ,not only what was new with him, but what you were building, and we'd talk hot rods, race cars, people we both knew,etc. I think the last time I saw him was a couple years ago. Never easy loosing a parent, but in time, the good memories will replace the sadness your feeling today. Lost my dad 8 years ago, and hardly a day goes by that I don't think of him, and all memories that put a smile on my face. Hang in there and look forward to meeting you one day.

25. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

You are in my prayers...

26. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

hey man, sorry for your loss. seeing your tribute hits home. my dad died 8yrs ago. he was in air guard late 50s early 60s he too wanted to fly but he stuck a pickle fork in his eye when he was 2yrs old, so that wasnt going to happen but he raised 6 successful kids { none in jail} we are from melrose. keep your chins up bro, your dad looked like a tough guy, i'm sure he passed that along

27. jeta12

jeta12

Sorry for your loss....You and your family will be in our prayers....Stay strong.

28. mike bowling

mike bowling

Sad news indeed- I remember talking to you guys a year ago or so on here about Adventure Car Hop, Lynn Fells Parkway,Arnie Ginsburg; great memories from "the good old days". Stay tight with family and friends, and celebrate his life as you did in your initial write-up.He sounds like a guy I would be proud to call a friend. Hang in there. Mike

29. [​IMG]
    So my mom was showing me all my fathers patches and saw this one whicj I had no idea what it was, I for real thought it was French or Spanish. I then researched Recondo....part of 5th Forces Group.
    Vietnam War (1966-1970)[edit]
    When General Westmoreland became commander of the American forces in Vietnam he ordered the creation of the MACV Recondo School at Nha Trang in 1966 to replace Project LEAPING LENA, later Project DELTA. It consisted of Ranger-trained 5th Special Forces Group instructors who trained American soldiers as well as members of other allied forces in the art of long-range reconnaissance patrolling techniques.[7]
    Most students had attended a preparatory course at the divisional or separate brigade level before attending. Usually the course concerned endurance training and swimming lessons so the candidates could pass the physical requirements. It also winnowed out most of the candidates who did not have the physical, mental, and / or intellectual capabilities to complete the more advanced training. Units with good preparatory courses and candidate screening had higher rates of success than those who did not.
    The course required a high level of physical fitness, knowledge of patrolling techniques, land navigation and weapons familiarity, and concluded with an actual combat patrol to demonstrate the students' skills.[8]
    Graduating students were given questionnaires to evaluate the program so that it could be improved. Later on the graduates were asked which skills and tactics were most useful and which were least utilized so the curriculum would reflect the needs of the teams.
    The three-week course averaged a failure rate of 50 percent.[1] Recondo School was disbanded once General Westmoreland was replaced by General Creighton Abrams in 1970, who favored a more conventional approach to the war. However, Recondo School succeeded in graduating over 3,000 American and 333 allied troops.[9]

Dog_Patch likes this.
  30. scoggman

scoggman

Praying for you guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.