Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my Dad today,he was my 1st gear head influence

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Well cleaning up the back (Junk)-yard this afternoon, around 2:30 pm pst. I receved a call from my neice from telling me to drop what I was doing and get on over to my dads house.

As I have stated before in the Harvey's post, in fact my last one.
    I had said that 3 people in my family had cancer, Well now only 2 have it now as I lost my dad today:(!

He was the guy that I got stuck in the Jack in the Box drive thru in 53 Chevy 210 as a 4yr old kid. He was also the guy that I had memories of cruising around in a salmon & white 58 Edsel Pacer hardtop that
    I slammed the door on my fingers as well as falling out of & getting stitches on my forehead that are still visible.

He was the guy that turned me on to the drive in restaurants like Bob's & Harvey's and 1st gen Firebird 400's as well as the T-Bird that I still have sitting in his backyard, Yes, he was a punk @ times, really didn't understand the whole reason for me for reviving Cyclone and gave me a lot of sh*t at times, but he told me plenty of times that I was someone he was proud of, I am glad for that.

Do me a favor & keep him in your thoughts-even though he wasn't a famous Hot Rodder. He still loved cars for what they were-His 1st cars was a 49 Merc, later chopped by Gil's Auto Body.

Thanks.
    Kevin

2. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh Kev so sorry to hear that mate. My sincere condolences.

3. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

my condolences man.sounds like he was one to be remembered for sure!

4. Sorry to hear that Kevin. He's alive in your memories. Take care buddy.

5. My condolences man, coming up on 3 years since I lost my Dad.

RIP... It does get better.

6. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

You know how proud he was...that is worth everything. I lost my Dad before I left High School...more than 30 years later I still miss him...but I`ll always be grateful for him...Keep the Faith, Kevin....my condolences to you and your Family...

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Sorry Kevin..My Condolences to you.

8. Condolences to you and your family Kevin.

9. Sorry to hear that Kevin, but at least the big C doesn't have him in it's grasp any more.

Sounds like you're already starting the healing process by concentrating on the good memories. No one can take them away from you.

It's been five years for me and I still think of my dad at least once every time I'm in the shop.

The next few days will be tough and remember your family id here for you.

Dennis

10. I'm sorry to hear that, Kevin. Sincere condolences from my family.

Phil

11. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Our condolences Kevin - you & your family are in our thoughts.

12. Tough to find the right things to say, or do.....Sorry to hear you lost your Dad.
    Eric

13. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

I'm sorry to hear that. My Condolences to you and your family from me and mine. it's been almost 14 years since I lost mine, and it still hurts.

Drew

14. oso64

oso64

Sorry for your loss.God speed Pops.........................

15. Thoughts from my family to yours.

s.

16. rodsnhawgs

rodsnhawgs
    from WV

So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my dad in '86 to cancer so I know how you're feeling.

17. Sad to hear about your loss man... Time will help heal the pain. Condolences and prayers to you and your family.

-Troy

18. Scott

Scott

My condolences

19. TMoney

TMoney

I can't even imagine what you're going through. Sorry for your loss and you and you old man will be in my thoughts.

20. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

sorry to here about your loss. my pop is in the same boat and i cant imagine not being able to see or talk to him every day. he's my dictionary on old school technology and customizing. he made me into me.

21. My condolences Kev. Sorry to hear of your pain. You'd better post up some pics of his cars if you've got 'em....he'll be a famous hot rodder in a flash.
    Wayne.

22. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

Sorry to hear about your loss. Think back on the good times and keep those memories close.

23. GlenC

GlenC

Sincere condolences Kevin, I lost my original 'dad' when I was just 11 years old to MS, then lost my 'other' dad (father-in-law) almost 25 years ago to lung cancer.

You can't replace them, I still miss them both.

Cheers, Glen.

24. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

You have our condolences,I lost my mom to cancer a couple of years ago and it still hurts.
    My dad had a stroke last Dec and we brought him up to Ohio to stay with us.
    Doc says it could any day he leaves us but the old man says he ain't leaving until he finds a way to take his junk with him.

25. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Kevin,

How can my condolences go any where near easing the pain your feeling at this time? I'm really sorry to hear of your father's passing, but at least he is at rest, and suffers no more.

Its at this time that you see those great things that your dad did for you, and what he said lingers in your mind.

Time will ease the pain, but time will never replace the memories of him

Talk to you soon

Mark

26. JimSibley

JimSibley

mine was gunned down in a shop robbery 5 years ago. i feel your pain.

27. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Kev,
    Sorry to hear about your loss my friend:(
    You and your family will definitely be in my prayers!

My dad passed away in '95 and it was hard for a few days, but i just pressed on and remembered the good things my father taught me and cherished those moments, His memories still live on today and i take his supportive and caring nature and apply it to my own children.

Stay positive for every bad situation, there's always something good that comes from it as well.

The Lord giveth and the lord taketh away... blessed be his name!

28. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

sorry to hear of your loss.....never forget the memories.....

29. tattfrog

tattfrog

Sorry to hear about your loss,My thought's and prayer's go out to you and youre family.

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks everyone, This means a great deal to me! You guys are my family & friends. This is something that I hold in very high regard. Deep & Sincere Gratitude!
    Kevin