Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my Dad Christmas morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wahoo54, Dec 26, 2010.

1. JimSibley

JimSibley

Im sorry for your loss. I lost my dad on new years 9 years ago.Again i am sorry.

2. gohst58

gohst58
    from dallas

sorry for your loss.

3. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

My condolences, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family..

4. sorry for your loss man.

5. jefscoupe

jefscoupe

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    Prayers and good thoughts sent.

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Jerry, my heart goes out to you, my friend. I pray that God comfort you with His presence, surround you with friends and family to lift you up, and give you the peace that only He can give.

You and I now have something in common besides a love for old cars and the Stray Kat 500: We await a happy reunion with our fathers. God bless you and your family

7. Jerry

My God bless you and your family. Sorry about your dad's passing. Your memories of all the wonderful things he did as your father will give you strength.

8. Fimby

Fimby

Sorry for your loss. But just think about what a awsome angel he will be watching over you and your family! Good memories and prayers.

9. You are in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. I know how difficult it is to say good bye to a parent and loved one at Christmas time.

10. woodienut

woodienut
    from So.Cal.

My condolences to you and your family.
    God Bless You

11. ken bogren

ken bogren

You have my sincere condolences.

As painful as these losses are when they happen, the pain eventually lessens, just as the love and good memories that live on in your heart and mind grow ever stronger with the passing of time!

12. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

The memories will help make it easier. Cherish ever moment. God bless you and yours.

13. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

Sorry for your loss.

14. Sorry for your loss.

15. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My sympathies to you. It's always harder than we think it will be - and there are many feelings and emotions that come as a natural part of the grieving process. Talk about your feelings with family and close friends, and seek out a grief support group or counselor. There are lots of them around, and it's been my experience that they DO help a lot.

As has been mentioned many times here, our parents live on as part of who we are. They shape us, guide us, and then turn us loose - hoping that they did their best. And most of the time, they did. From those of us who've gone through what you are now, know that in time the pain will pass and the memories will remain. My dad passed away in 1991, and I still miss him - but we talk about him and laugh and remember with fondness now.

And if all else fails, take a spin in your hot rod. It works for me. I always get home in a better mood than when I left!
    :)

16. KidAgain

KidAgain

Dear Jerry,

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 14 years ago and she was also one of my best friends like your dad was to you. One thing that happened that I did not expect was how much she has stayed with me over life. She used few words which meant when she had something to say we kids all listened. Your dad truly sounds much the same generation and quality. You will hear his words and advice as you continue in life. I believe he is still with you.

God Bless you and your family,

Michael

17. classicfins

classicfins

I'm very sorry to hear this news. May God bless you and your family in your time of need.

18. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

Sorry for your loss man!

19. May the great memories of your Dad and the times you shared comfort you and your family now. It is new and raw but the love of family will get you through. I lost my Dad 4 years ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him and smile.I am so very sorry for your loss, Rob.

20. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

So sorry for your loss. I lost my Mother-N-Law last Christmas. She lived with me for the last 2 years of her life. During that time, we drew extremely close. My wife said her Mother loved me more than her (LOL).

21. sorry about your,Dad,..Jerry

22. sgnova72

sgnova72

Sorry for your loss, and our thoughts and prayer for you and your family.

23. scrubba

scrubba

Jerry, i'm so sorry for you're trajic loss, especially at this time of year . May the sprits live onward through you ........... scrubba

24. skoh73

skoh73

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Dad 4 years ago. I can say that it does get better day by day. Things will always be different, but the memories have a way of keeping that person alive in your everyday life. Let me know if there is anyway that I can help.

25. historynw

historynw

So sorry for your loss.

26. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

He must have been a special DAD and as we celebrate the birth of our Lord , the angels must be celebrating the arrival of your father...Sounds like he was a great father on earth...The heavens are smiling down on you all....Keep your chin up and prayers to all your family!:D

27. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

Sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayer for you and your family

Steve

28. Christmas and losing your Dad, that is tough, our prayers and sympathy from Maryland. I can empathize as my Dad passed away on his 50th birthday in 1973, he died in my arms and I was just a teenager, it does not seem fair but it is life and we must go on. Stand tall as he would want you to.. Thanks to the Hamb, there is a lot of support here, what a great bunch of car people! God bless, Greg CGM.

29. crapshoot

crapshoot

Sorry for your loss............ prayers sent to you and your family

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  30. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Dam, what a thing to have happen on Christmas, My thoughts and prayers go out to you, and your family.