Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my best friend - Bubba Young

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Redbows35panel, May 7, 2011.

1. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

Yesterday I lost my Son and very best friend. He wasn't a member of the H.A.M.B. but I had introduced him to it and he spent hours perusing it. He was a very fine paint and body man. He did all the paint and body on my 1935 Panel Truck. Recently we were talking about the vast store of "how to knowledge" which was going to be lost when he passed. His Son wasn't interested in learning and he could find no one else that wanted to work on old cars. It's gone now forever and so is he. God how I already miss him. Rest in Peace Bubba, Rest in Peace. I love you Cowboy.:(

Dad

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

My heart breaks for you. Any parent knows this isn't the way things are supposed to happen. :( Not much one can say to ease things for you and your family right now, but it sounds like he was a great guy and left you with wonderful memories. I bet you will find that you sense him being near you many times in the future, and letting you know he is still watching over you.

RIP.

Don

3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Sorry for your loss..Be strong and continue on...

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

God I am so terribly sorry for you. Nothing really I can say except it sounds like you were a great father and he was the apple of your eye. Bless you and your family.

5. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

you have my sympathies. i can't imagine what you must be going through.

6. ffr1222k

ffr1222k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As a father and grandfather I can only guess at what you are going through.

No one should have to endure this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

7. Old&Low

Old&Low

My respects and sympathy go out to you and yours. By the sounds of it you had a wonderful relationship with your son and grand memories to go with that relationship. You're both very lucky, and he'll always be with you.

8. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

As the father of a son, I cannot express in words anything that would comfort you. All I can say is treasure the time you had with him and celebrate his life, always. Condolences to you and your family.

9. Prayers for your family. May God give you all strength to over come this loss.

10. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

Thank you Guys for all your thoughts and prayers. It really does help us get through this.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  11. Hang in there, our thoughts are with you.

12. sorry for your loss.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  13. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

there really are no words that can begin to express a parent's grief at the loss of a child. In addition to being part of you, there was a shared bond in this hobby and his participation in it and in your projects.

I can only reach out my hand to hold yours. I have three grown sons, and I cannot imagine the tremendous heartache that would come with the loss of any of them.

Bless you and your family in this time of hurt. Keep his memory alive and encourage others to do so, rather than avoiding you because they don't know what to say.

dj

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

God be with you and your family as you suffer through this great loss. He will never leave you as long as you remember him in your hearts.

15. belair

belair

Praying for you.

16. Prayers for you and your family
    May God Bless

17. billsat

billsat

I lost my younger brother back in January of this year. He was only 50, and I miss him the same way that you do your son. There isn't any consolation other than knowing that he is with the Lord Jesus in heaven and I will see him again some day. The promises that Jesus gave us are still true and always will be, and I hope you and your son are partakers of His forgiveness and His promise of life everlasting to those that follow Him.

18. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I am so sorry to hear that...
    He will be in my prayers, as well as you and all your/his family.
    Hang in there man.....
    Bob

19. Wildcycles

Wildcycles

I read your post a couple times and couldn't help but feel the pain in that message.
    I have two young sons myself and can't imagine losing one of them. I also have a good relationship with my own father, probably something like you had with your son.
    Spend time with those memories and share as much as you can with others.

All the best to you in this difficult time

20. neverwinter

neverwinter

some days my little girl is acting up or being demanding while i have plans to get to the garage. I'll come in and be sort of agitated that she's being bossy or whatnot and then i look at her smile and think - there is NOTHING more important in this world than being the best father i can be to her. I hope to have the same relationship with her as did you and your son I am sorry for your loss. I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy. My most sincere condolences.

-jason

21. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

As a parent I could not start to imagine the hardship. My thoughts will be with you and your family. Just remember every time you take that Panel, that your son put his skills, into out for a ride, he is with you.

22. 32Gnu

32Gnu

My Condolences.

23. I can't even begin to feel your pain - our prayers are with you and your family.

24. 68wagon

68wagon

sorry for your loss our prayers are with at this hard time

25. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Having lost my daughter at 34 I kow what you are going through, My thoughts and prayers are with you, It gets better with time but never goes away. John

26. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

I am so sorry for your loss. You shared a love of cars with your son. That is a great thing.

27. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Prayers for your family.

28. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

Again Thank You Guys for all your thoughts and prayers. It's been just over a week now and things are getting better. We are going to a Cruise-in this evening to see if we are ready to get back into our old routine. Not Trying to forget Bubba, but remembering the good times when he would go with us.

Burke

29. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

This should not happen. Parents are not supposed to bury thier children. Take a moment and ponder what Bilsat posted. This is the provision that God gave us to get through these horrible times. May He comfort you now through His Son and the memories of your son will come flooding back in the future to let you know he is never far from you.

Frank

30. That shared laber on your beautiful panel truck is his legacy to you and your family and all who get to see the truck! God bless you and your family.