Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Lost Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anthony Helmick, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Anthony Helmick

Anthony Helmick

I'm enlisting help from anyone with info on a Movie Trailer that was never made into a full feature film. I found the video on Youtube around 2005... It was a quality production of just a few minute teaser.
    I have alot of info already from memory but I have not been able to find anything on the web about it.

Here is everything I remember about the trailer ... I happened to see a video on Youtube around 2005 of a small independent production called Chronicles of an American Street racer. (That may not be the exact title) It features a 56 Chevy gasser and a Blue 41 Willys Gasser... The film is set in 1969... The radio DJ tells the news of the day while the Willys owner is in a barnlike garage tuning the carbs...
    Then it cuts to the 56 pulling into a parking lot where there are few mid 60's cars and the Willys is waiting to line up agianst the 56.
    After I watched this video, I did a web search of the title and was able to find a script. The film's synopsis is Jake, an aging salvage yard mechanic reflects back to his days of street racing.
    The story is told through a series of flashbacks while the main character recounts his glory days of street racing.
    According to the script, the film starts off with a 70 Chevelle making a right on a road and meeting up with an 02 Mustang Cobra... (in moderen times)just before the light turns, the drivers spot a police cruiser waiting for the race to start. When the light turns they just ease through and abort the race.
    Later, two men are pulling up in a dirty mid 90's Chevy to a Scrap yard and are greeted by the owner, after some small talk, Jake begins to tell the two guys stories of his Racing days... I assume that the story goes back to 1969. Reading a script can take a long time so I know I didn't read all of it.
    I think the film would've been a good movie but without funding, it got lost somehow...
    The Screenwriter was an Iraq war veteran who wrote the script in his spare time while deployed. There was a Website and everything back then, but I can't find not one shred of it's exsistance now. I thought that once it was on the internet it was there for life. Maybe this will jog someone's memory.
    Thanks for reading and any help or information...

2. catdad49

catdad49

Sounds like a great story/movie. Hope you find more info.

Deuces likes this.
  3. Anthony Helmick

Anthony Helmick

I had about half of the script printed out but It has been lost or misplaced in the garage over the years. I did run across a page, seems to be where Jake is making small talk with the guys in the truck pryor to the first flashback.

Attached Files:

4. squirrel

squirrel

That's not how the internet works. It's just a network that connects a whole bunch of computers together. The information on the network is stored on computers that are owned by companies or people...and when they decide it's time to make a piece of information go away, or shut off a computer, or whatever, that info is no longer on the internet.

If you find something on the internet that you really want to keep, you have to keep it yourself.

Of course, lots of things will stick around for a long time, but there are no guarantees.

Stogy, j-jock and Deuces like this.

5. catdad49

catdad49

If you find something that you really want to keep, you have to keep it yourself. Sounds like a lot of us!

6. I had a look on the wayback machine and drew a blank. That doesn't mean the video has not been preserved somewhere, but a website name, other than youtube, would help.
    I can't spend too much time on that site, or I end up down a rabbit hole.
    Bob

Anthony Helmick and MO54Frank like this.
  7. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

There is a commercial for Point Blank Vests that I would like to find. Can't find it at all on the internet.

8. IIRC, that movie did get finished but the producer couldn't find a distributor to pick it up and didn't have the money to do it himself. They managed to do a couple of showings at a few small third-run theaters, then it disappeared. I believe what I saw was a news item in a local paper around where it was filmed. Couldn't tell where now... and the article is probably gone out of the paper's on-line archives if the paper still exists.

9. Anthony Helmick

Anthony Helmick

Thanks for the replys... I have a YouTube account and I have videos from years ago. I've never bothered to take them down although there is a way to delete them from the site. I just can't understand what happened and why the creator went through so much effort only to let it fall by the wayside. I would not have thought it would've vanished the way it did... I guess it didn't mean that much to all involved. So far I cant seem to find one person who remembers it. I did show it to my brother one time on the desktop when he was at my house before cell phone internet was really a thing... I talked to him today and he remembers it. He doesn't really know much about the internet beyond what I've showed him... Oh well, I'll continue to look for evidence of it and maybe get lucky, at this point someone to say they seen it too would validate my sanity. lol...

10. Anthony Helmick

Anthony Helmick

Oh wow! that's cool... So I wonder why he removed the YouTube video? Maybe he is still trying to get it promoted... would be neat to see, Chronicles of an American Street racer? Was that the finished title?

11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I think I saw that movie, it sure sounds familiar. Especially the part about the blue Willys gasser. Watched it on the computer from a link. Or maybe I'm thinking of another one....

Anthony Helmick likes this.
  12. Anthony Helmick

Anthony Helmick

Definitely a Blue Willys in the film and I beleive it was the protagonist's car in the film. The 56 was two-tone white on top and I think it was a shade of blue also. I think there was a link on the website now that I think about it but my computer wouldn't connect to it.

13. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Remember American Graffiti was made in '72 but didn't get released untill '73, in fact i think Francis Ford Copila bought the movie because Universal Pictures wasn't even intrested in it.:eek: because they couldn't figure out how too promote it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    dan c and Anthony Helmick like this.
  14. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"badass #1---johnny weismuller jr."

LAROKE likes this.