Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Lost Moody Blues Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54metalman, May 27, 2011.

1. 54metalman

54metalman

Ok all. Looking for the where abouts to a lost custom. Its a 54 Chevy 2 dr built in the mid to late 80's in a true late 50's early 60's style. It was called Moody Blues and was built by Russ Meeks. I would love to be able to find it and get some pics of it for Russ. All of the pictures he had of it were lost in the shop fire a few years ago. Custom grille and rear panel. I will try and get a couple of the construction shots I have on here if I can get my computer to co-operate. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Last know area was the northwest. Help:eek:

2. 54metalman

54metalman

Ok so I guess I may need to see if a discription will help. Car was painted a med/dark metalic blue. Like a malibu blue from a chevelle/camaro. It has a hand made grill surround with an upper and lower bar out of 2 inch tube. Shaved handles if I remember right. Louvered hood. Large lucas style 56? chevy tail lights in hand made openings with a rolled type pan in the rear. It had a waston style thin scallops that did a rainbow type color change. Really sutile but wild has hell under the lights. I dont remember much about the interior. I think the wheels were chrome. Hard to remember. The first time I saw the car it ws in primer and blew me away. It almost slithered down the road. Being 16 and just starting to drive my 54 it made an impact. Saw it at the Portland Roadster show in 87-88 and never again....

3. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

try and pm Rikster, i checked his site and didn't see anything but he may be able to help you out.

4. RAY With

RAY With

Pictures are needed to even began a search and of course location is helpful.