Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost husband to cancer, need to sell 1949 Buick project.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by YELO4T9, Mar 22, 2013.

1. YELO4T9

YELO4T9

I may have posted all this before, but this time I have pictures. I lost my husband to cancer in Nov 2011, and I need to get rid of his 1949 Buick Sedanette. It's in a zillion pieces in the garage and throughout the yard, I have no clue what it's worth, and it's going to be a job to get it all out of here... once someone can figure out what's Buick and what's Unimog. (Have one of those too, but only the two engines are in pieces.) Duke did a lot of work on the frame and got it back under the body, but everything else is, well, everywhere. I have all the glass, including a new 2-piece windshield, and I'm pretty sure all the stainless trim is here somewhere. I know we spent some $$ to send it out for restoration, and it took a couple years to get it back. I don't have the original engine, but do have (in pieces) a much newer Buick engine, from somewhere in the tuna boat era. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! I am located in Tehachapi, CA, about 45 minutes up the hill from Bakersfield. Many thanks, Joyce

2. Beau

Beau

Welcome Joyce.

You found the right place. Hopefully someone here can assist you.

3. Hey Joyce, Tell us some more about the Uni-Mog?

4. YELO4T9

YELO4T9

As shown on hubby's... now my profile, older 404S. He removed all the steel on the box and replaced it with aluminum, then made a steel cab to replace the canvas one. Mind you, he did all this while recuperating from some pretty serious leg surgery, which included cutting through bones and NOT casting it. Those retired Marines - there's no keeping them in place! Once the Buick is gone, I can put everything that's in the Unimog in the garage and then sell the Unimog. I'm overwhelmed by "projects". Truly, the Unimog was the most fun vehicle ever. Nowhere it couldn't go, and off road, with all that articulation, a smooth ride while those in pickup trucks were sustaining injuries! LOL!!! Have the engine that's it, but the top end is off and "in work" in the garage, also have a larger engine sitting on a pallet.

5. oso64

oso64

just sent you a message.-Jimmy-

6. IWB

IWB

Sorry for your loss make sure and get more then one opinion on a price before you let anything go. I would like to think that anybody would be honest and not give you pennies on the dollar.

7. ausbuick

ausbuick

i just e-mailed you
    cheers darren

8. jesse1980

jesse1980

Not interested in the car but, iam sorry for your loss.

9. robertsregal

robertsregal

Sorry for your loss,this would be a good place to find assistance with someone seeking such a car. The 49 Buick Sedanette is a cool looking car . I would put some pictures together and list here in classifieds cars for sale. Good Luck to you!

10. YELO4T9

YELO4T9

11. 52pig

52pig

If I was closer or had the time I'd help. In any case sorry for the loss of your husband.

Jimmy is a good fella, I hope he has some plans with ya.

12. EBW

EBW

Hello Joyce, I live here in Tehachapi and can help if needed.
    I am sending you a PM with my info.

13. Way to step up ... ;)

Five stars for a Good Guy

Joyce - I am sorry to hear of your loss

Jim

14. ashebaba

ashebaba
    from Wisconsin

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I hope you will be able to find help with this.