Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost dream car would you want to see it again ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grazy, Mar 20, 2012.

1. grazy

grazy

We heard about a good car low miles ,clean,fair price . We bought it the guy fell on hard times and had to seel it . A couple of local ying yangs had made him stupid offers bad economy, market down blah , blah . We bought the car and paid exactly what he asked. We thought it was more than fair.We did not try to haggle with him we knew the other guys made him mad and it was a good car and a fair deal. After digging the car out of the building it sat in since 74 it was in amazing shape . We loaded it on the trailer and we could tell it broke his heart to sell a car he had for so long . He had to sell his pride and joy .If it happened to you what would you want to know what happened to it. On the ride home we talked about it ,what would we would want to happened to it. We offered to stop by when its done and take him for a ride. If you had to sell your dream car and someone hauled your dream away would you want to see what happened to it ? He was such a good guy and we took his dream away. Would you feel better knowing if got finished or would you get upset if it was not what you pictured in your mind ? Do you think he would want to see it done ?

2. raidmagic

raidmagic

I would like to see it done. That way I'll know it didn't go to waste by selling it.

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I mostly don't care what happens when it's gone. I've seen many "keepers" come and go, but the reasons for liquidating were sound enough to replace any sorrow. Sometimes they come up again and it's interesting, but there's only 2 in the last 40yrs I'd want back. A 36 3W and a 69 Boss 302. The rest were steps toward the goal.

4. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

When I sell a car I never want to see it again. If it comes back and the new owner makes a mess of it I will be sorry I sold it. If it comes back beautiful I will be sorry I sold it.

For some reason when I have owned a car for a while I lose interest in it anyway. It reminds me of a guy who bought an old Cord custom built for E. L. Cord the owner of the company. He spent years restoring it perfectly including all the one of a kind mods made when it was new. When it was all finished he called up Cord and told him what he had done. Cord said "so what?". Seems a funny reaction but as far as he was concerned that was all ancient history, his life had moved on since 1937.

5. bcr466

bcr466

Does it look like your avatar, Suzy the little blue coupe?

6. it really depends on what was done with it i have an o/t roadrunner ive had it since 93 its just been sitting this entire time i allways wanted one when i was a kid ive collected almost all the stuff i needed for it over the years but now im kinda hoo-hum about it

i have my 57 ford it needs to have some body work done and painted my friend is an awesome body man and hes very into roadrunners he said he would take my roadrunner in basic trade to get my 57 done which i really want to happen ...but....

he wants to build my runner his way and if its his then he has that right ,but my runner is afactory rallye green car he's had like 20 runners all of them have been some variation of red or orange wether they came that way or not and he loves 4 speeds my car is an auto

while my car is not numbers matching it still is rare because of its factory color and being an auto (ive parted out 4 4 speed runners to get parts i need for it) and ive had the car soo long and the vision in my head of how it will be i think it would just about kill me to see it converted to a 4speed orange or red car

now if i sold it to someone out of state to where i wouldnt have to see it then i wouldnt care.. but as i said he is afriend of mine and id get to see it basically all the way through the rebuilding proccess i think it would just piss me off too much

but i do want to get my 57 done so its probably gonna happen i mean after all its just another old car right and its just been sitting and taking up room for too long

ok enough of this back to your regularly scheduled thread

7. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

I would like to see it again and see what changes were made to it .

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

depends on the individual and their history with the car. some would love a ride again but, if you modify it to your liking maybe not.