Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Lost a Washington State Hot Rod Hall of Fame member .....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrd32, Apr 17, 2012.

1. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Don't know if Dale (curbspeed) posted this yet but we lost a Washington State Hot Rod Hall of Fame member ,Terry Seaholm. Terry had been very ill for the past few weeks and passed peacefully yesterday. He had tons of friends all over the Hot Rod world and sold parts to most. He was a good friend of mine and will be missed tremendously. He honored me with being the owner, caretaker of his beloved roadster. Dale plans on spreading his ashes at Bonneville this year (like so many true Hot Rodders) as per Terry's wishes. Marvin Nielsen from the WA Hot Rod Hall of Fame has informed me that they want to use this shot next to his plaque, I'm humbled and honored. My hear felt condolences to his family and look forward to seeing Terry at the big "Hot Rod O Rama" on the other side.

[​IMG]

2. beauishere

beauishere

Very nice gentleman. May he rest in peace. Aloha oe.

3. couverkid

couverkid

Jack you bought the roadster? What a neat car. Congrads. Terry was a neat guy.

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm sorry Dale...

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Terry will be missed but never forgotten. So long old friend.

6. Spoke with Terry quite a few times. Sorry to hear of his passing. prayers to the family.

7. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

My condolences to Dawn and Dale and the rest of the Seaholm family. He will definitely be missed. He had great knowledge and passion for early hot rods. Even though I didn't know him for all that many years it was always a learning experience when we would chat. It will be hard to not to see him at his booth at the swapmeets. It was always full of all the neatest hot rod bits and pieces that would make any hot rodders heart and head race. His specialty was early Stewart Warner gauges and his booth would be full of the best examples of curved glass gauges and he was always eager to educate you about them. Johnny Adams

8. sad news R.I.P. terry. all the best to the family.
    Al.

9. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Cool Guy, R.I.P. Terry. Chris

10. What a great guy.....will miss you Terry, RIP.

11. Blackie

Blackie

Met Terry a few years ago. Gentleman... R.I.P

Sent from a pay phone

12. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Bummer, i always found myself bs'ing with him at swap meets instead of looking for parts, He always had the coolest stuff and i learned a lot of stuff talking to him

13. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Sad News.. RIP

14. goodgarb

goodgarb
    from TACOMA,WA

Terry was a very nice Man, my condolences to his Family and Friends;(

15. A good guy with a good sense of humor and so, so much traditional knowledge. Sorry we won't see you again Terry. RIP
    My heart goes out to Greg, Dale and their families.

16. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

He will be missed.
    Sorry for your lost Dale.

17. verde742

verde742

forty year friend,,

so sorry to hear of Terry's passing... Ratz....

NOBODY GETS OUTTA HERE ALIVE....!!!!

18. Terry, R.I.P. , It just wasn't the same Portland Swap Meet... not seeing Terry and his booth... Killer Stewart-Warner gauges...and neat old Hot Rod goodies and just talking.... I was lucky enough to meet Terry and his sons Dale & Gregg along time ago with my buddy Shawn.. Going to miss you Terry... My thoughts and prayers go out to all of his family. Terry touched many of people with the counciling work he did and helped many of people turn there lives around for the better... Looking at very cool old accessory thumbing devil hood ornament I got from Terry , and I'm a getting choked up that he is now gone. It will be something I always cheerish and never sell. He always had time to talk with me, and always had a great story about some kind of Hot Rod high jinks he and his friends had back in the day. God Bless you Terry... I'm going to miss you ...

19. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

Terry was a great guy, always fun to see at shows and swap meet, had great history to spread to all that would listen. Missed him in his booth last weekend at Portland and thought for a second, "hope hes doing ok" then heard this today from a friend and was heavy hearted the rest of the day. Bought many tools and parts from Terry over the years but the set of beauty rings I bought from him for my 34 P/U project will keep his memory rolling around with me. He will be greatly missed, thoughts and prayers to Dale and the rest of the family....RIP on the Salt Forever, Alan

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear that. I got to visit with him here and there years ago at various events and really enjoyed those short visits.

21. I have been dwelling over writing this all day. I have been a part of this message board for a long time. Ten plus years. Always wondered how someone could write a post about someone that had deceased. I now know how that comes to be. Where do I start?
    My dad was born to be a hotrodder. 1937-2012. Having graduated from Stadium High School in Tacoma, Washington in 1956, the son of Swedish immigrants, he was right in the mix of the hotrod culture that was prevalent in the northwest in the late 50's. He loved drag racing and was involved in early NW drag racing at Shelton Drag Strip. We moved to the Bay area in Calif. in the early 60's and he took my brother and I to Fremont drag strip. We then moved to LA and lived close to Barris's shop and we used to drop by there in the mid 60's. I used to sit and play in the go-karts that were in the front window of the shop while my dad watched the Batmobile being built. I wished I remembered more. I was young. I had a lot of good times with my dad. Lots of days in the shop building stuff and lots of swapmeets and car shows. I have been very lucky and blessed. Bonneville trips were most memorable. He knew his gauges. I called him the King of S-W. He built a lot of very nice gauge panels for a lot of well known cars over the last 20 years.
    My dad was an alcohlolic counselor for many years and helped many of hardcore drunks recover from their disease and saved a lot of lives in the process.
    He gave me the love for all things hotrod and I thank him for that. I will continue to be involved in this hobby of ours and strive to build and be involved with cars and people that lean toward the traditional side of things. That's why I have been here for so long.
    I thank all my dads hotrod buds and mine for all the support they have shown through this difficult time of his illness and his passing. Time to get busy living cause dying anytime soon is not an option for me. See ya all at the Salt Flats! May my father rest in peace knowing that I will continue the tradition of hotrodding in the family! I love you Pop!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  22. torchmen49

torchmen49

So sad to hear of Terry's passing. Dale, my condolences to you and your family. Your Dad was a great guy, he surely will be missed. - Dave

23. Thanks Dave, I miss you you pal. Maybe you can make it to Bonneville this year. Would be great to catch up with you.

24. torchmen49

torchmen49

You bet! missed ya there in this last year. We'll tip a few in honor of your Dad. See ya at Speedweek.

25. hellrod666

hellrod666
    from seattle wa

Terry you will be missed. Dawn, Dale, Greg and family sorry for your loss. We have lost a great hot rodder and friend. Seems like everywhere that I went with Terry everyone knows him. Most of us know him from the cool parts he sells at the swap meets, his great hotrod, helping his son Dale out at hotrodarama or maybe the Tex Smith books. But what most people dont know the spent the last 20 or 30 years working with AA. In fact there was to be a meeting at his house the day before his passing. It was called off at the last minute because he was feeling too bad . His passing is a loss to more people the just us. Its a honor to have been his friend.

26. saltracer219

saltracer219

Dale, so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, condolences to you and the family. Your Dad was a true hard core Hot Rodder. You were lucky to have him for your guidance and he is lucky to have you to carry on the tradition. God Speed Terry.... - Gary Vail

27. Jake H.

Jake H.

One of the great ones.

Always smiling, helpful, and wise.

We'll miss you, Terry. Keep the flattie warmed up, and the tires turning. May we see you again, someday.

28. Dale, my condolences to you and Gregg..and the whole Seaholm Family... It was really a honor to know your Dad.... He will be missed by all who knew him. He touched many lives... Hot Rod's Forever ! God Bless...

29. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Dale--I will see you at the Salt. Words don`t do it at times like these. Your Dad was one of the best. You were lucky to have him, as were we all....

30. RIP Terry, I have good memories of talking SW Gauges with you at a lot of swap meets over the years.
    I'll miss you.
    Keith