Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lost 1933 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33 cdan man, Dec 15, 2016.

1. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

I am curious to find out what happened to my first street rod. It's a 33 Ford pickup. Small block, 4 speed, early 50's Olds rear end, black tuck and roll interior. Also had tuck and roll on the exterior fire wall and running boards, tonneau cover that snapped on, wood grain formica on bedside inserts, exterior was a slate grey metallic, chrome grille shell, Desoto front bumper, full gauge compliment with 4 of them located in the panel above windshield, extra fuel tank mounted in the front of the bed. This was a pretty nice truck that I had for 10 years and drove it often. As my family grew it became apparent I needed something with more room inside. I placed an ad in Street Rodder magazine in 1981 or 1982. A guy from Kentucky bought it. He and a buddy flew into San Francisco, I picked them up at the airport and they headed for home. They stopped in Colorado to see a sister. The only issue they had going home was a headlight switch failure. I am just curios what happened[​IMG] to it .

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

pictures pictures pictures. I hear they are worth 1,000 words.

3. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

Here are some pics from 1975. Theses were taken by James Handy for Rod Action magazine. The feature was in the January 1976 edition. The last pic is what it looked like when I sold it.

Attached Files:

Clay Belt likes this.
  4. john dioli

john dioli

Hope you find it , I just got a 33 a few months ago good luck
    John

5. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

I don't want the truck back but I would like to know what happened to it. I hope it has been well taken care of and most importantly enjoyed.

6. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

7. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

I am going to try this again. I came across a couple of pics of the guy I sold the truck to. These two guys flew from Kentucky to San Francisco in 1981 or 1982 if I remember correctly. They drove th truck back home via Colorado to visit his sister. The only issue they had during the trip is a bad headlight switch. I am curious as to what happened to the truck and the guys. Maybe they are members here or someone may recognize them.

Attached Files:

8. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

Bump

Attached Files:

9. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

10. For year I wondered what happen to my old Model A pickup that was built in the mid 70's and then one day in Pigeon Forge,Tennessee my wife said while she was at the Fudge Shop she thinks she saw it so we walked down the street and she said,"There it is",I thought to myself it resembles it but I don't think so.

As I got closer I recognized the rolled panel under the bed that hid the wood and the dash I built but the door handles were missing,a 3 piece hood & it was slick and had high back bucket seats with model A embowered on both seats.

The metal bead rolled bed cover had a huge wing on it and it had huge set of billet wheels,I thought I was gonna puke,I had thought many times if I could find the old truck I would try to buy it back,I had no desire to make a offer and I have been over it for years.

I wish you luck finding the truck and hope it still resembles what you remember.HRP

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

12. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

Hell, I forgot I used to have brown hair!!!! That sure was a fun truck. 350 hp 327 with a 4 speed. At the end of the day I would come home from work and take her for a drive. Amazing who much better the day got.

13. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

Bump. Maybe the new year will bring some luck.