Register now to get rid of these ads!

Los Angeles dealer history...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikaelmtb, Mar 13, 2006.

1. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

My 1948 Chevy is imported from L.A. in 1994, and there is a dealer sticker on the dashboard and in the glovedepartment. Does anyone in here have a car that is bought at the same place, or maybe some history? I have tried to search the internet but havent found anything usefull. I have found out that the dealer doesnt exist today, but that the Baldwin brothers were Big-shots at the time!

Any info would be appreciated!!

BR
    Mikael

Attached Files:

2. Hyfire

Hyfire

I would say it was torn down years ago, most building had been... however if you find old LA newspapers you can get info on where it was. Old papers are easy to locate. I would dare say that they advertised, they look like a good size operation.

Good Luck....

HyFire

3. 47bob

47bob

I didn't live in LA but did live in SoCal and remember well hearing of "Baldwin Chevrolet". Search for that in the LA Times archives. Bob

4. Hyfire

Hyfire

We will have to see with locals, but I think Baldwin motor was around a couple years ago... Dont know if they are still around or if they might have changed names (had a bunch do that in the 1990s becuase of scams and problems).