Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking to find a Ford Grease seal NMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooManyFords, Apr 11, 2014.

1. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

I got a vintage camper I am redoing to tow behind my Galaxie and went to clean and replacing wheel bearings and the grease seal are shot. Cant cross them anywhere. Has Ford emblem stamped in them and NMB. nothing else. Anyone help on these. Outer wheel bearings crossed to 1954 Ford and hubs have the center part of the drum still on them. Spent an hour and a half at parts store and called the Ford dealer with no luck.

2. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

3. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

No, it has a Ford Emblem on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Spent quite a few years in the parts business, and ran across this issue a number of times. Take a caliper and measure as follows:

1) The diameter of the seal surface (shaft) that the seal rides on.
    2) If the seal is not distorted - flattened or egg-shaped from being removed - measure the outside diameter of the seal. Or, the inside diameter of the hub that the seal fits into.
    3) The thickness of the seal housing.

I know that the guys at my local NAPA store can look up seals by dimension. Chicago Rawhide (C/R) and National Seals also used to have listings available of seals by dimensions. Hope that helps.

5. ^^^^^

What he said

also get a better parts guy...