Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking to borrow/buy sbc exhaust manifolds

Discussion in '"Pay It Forward"' started by zoomo, Apr 29, 2019.

1. zoomo

zoomo

City: Kannapolis

State: North Carolina
    So i hate asking this but i dont know where else to turn :(

i have put a sbc into my 53 chevy panel truck. and of course im having exhaust manifold fitment issues.
    I already positioned the engine an inch or two to the passenger side, and moved my steering box out 2 inches away from the frame.
    still having serious fitment issues with manifolds...i have an old set of lt1 manifolds they do bolt up but they must be modified in order to get all six bolts in, and by the time i get room for the bolts to go in, the manifolds are so thin you can punch a hole through them with a screw driver. i will also have to cut off the flanges and angle them differently on both sides...

so with all that being said, i would be eternally grateful if anyone had some old manifolds i could borrow just to test fit..

i have read about several possibilities people say will fit, like the ram horns, 60's camaro manifolds, truck manifolds...etc but i have also read the lt1 manifolds would fit and that seems like a major stretch

i would also be more than happy to purchase them if they do fit and youre looking to sell. i just dont particularly want to order anything new or pick something up from the junkyard in hopes that it will fit and then it wont.

thanks in advance for any help guys :)