Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for vintage 60's Book on Roth (Mysterion under construction & other stories )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by streetfreakmustang, Jan 28, 2009.

1. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

When I was in the 7th grade back in the early to mid 70's my school library had a book on hot rodding. It was printed in the 60's.

One of the stories, with many pics, was of Ed Roth building the Mysterion. This section of the book was maybe 10-15 pages long and lot's of under contruction pics.

I know there was other stories I believe on Barris and some other builders but cannot remember for sure.

Can anyione tell me the name of the book and possibly the publisher/writer?

Thank you.

2. kustomriv

kustomriv

Hi

I will post a picture of the book later .. I think the title of the book
    Here Is Your Hobby Car Customizing By Henry Felsen

In the book it has the Mysterion and Eds 55 Chevy the Budget Buggy.

The copy i have is a old hard back JR High library book.

Tim

3. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

4. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

Yes, Tim is right on the title. I remeber this book as well from grade school in the early 70s.

My sad story is that our local public library inherited the book from the school and about 5 years ago they still had it. I tried to bye it but they said they would not sell it at the time but I should check back every once in awhile as they put the old books out for sale every once in awhile. I went back a couple times and it was never on the sale rack..........then I forgot about it until a couple months ago and it was gone. What was also sad is the fact that the last 3 people to check it out was me! the last time was in 1974.
    I think the last time I was there I offered 20 bucks and when it finally hit the rack it was probably sold at 50 cents or less. But you have to consider the library is just another government entittie.................