Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for tradiotional clubs or individuals near 06255 in Ct.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leon renaud, Dec 25, 2013.

1. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Ok guys just what it says I'm looking for guys with knowledge of flat head Fords. I'm looking to put a v8 drive line together in a T and I'd like to connect with guys near me that know their way around this stuff. i'm more interested in garage time than dinners etc. Mass and RI clubs or individuals willing to connect are welcome .

2. Leon,My first thought is you might check and see if your area has a local V8 Club of America chapter,these guys are a great source of information and help.

I joined the local Chapter and 99% of the guys in the club open minded to anyone needing help,regardless of what style car it is.

Our president is in his 80's and still has the Flathead powered T bucket he built as a kid. HRP

3. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Common guys there has got to be rod clubs in the tri state area or are they all closed memberships? there's always talk about sharing the hobby well I'm reaching out for a bit of help.

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have you tried the Connecticut Street Rod Association? http://www.csra.org/

Might be somebody there.

5. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

they are farther from me than some Mass.RI locations

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is where the clubhouse is located. The members are all over the state. (and the whole state is 70 x 110)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  7. ctfordguy

ctfordguy

Hi Leon,
    There is a group called the Tri-State cruisers; or something like that. They have a car show in the summers on Saturday nights in Pomfert,CT. Try looking them up. Maybe Juliano Auto in Enfield, CT or Joe's Antique Ford in Uxbridge, MA can help you find someone or group.
    Good luck.
    Bruce/CT

8. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I'm very familiar with Tri State Cruisers their cruise is 10 minutes from me I will be checking on them but last I knew there were no flat head guys in the group.

9. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

yes meeting are 1 1/2 hours from me. I am as far North East in the state as you can get on the Mass. border.I have looked into them and they are under consideration if I can not find someone or a club closer. They type group I'm looking for may not exist in my area like I said I'm looking more for shop time than dinner or cruise nights,Maybe clubs have just changed a great deal since I belonged to the Hot Sparks in the late 60s. there was always a group of guys every Saturday at the club garage plus if you were other than a Pledge or Junior member you had keys to the club and free access anytime. They held fund raisers but it was mostly about the cars.

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thompson/North Grovesnordale?

11. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Gimpyshotrods yes I am in Thompson/North Grosvenordale I'm in the village of North Grosvenordale.

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have family there. You may know of a guy in town, with a '69 Mustang, an AC Cobra replica, and an old '31 A farm truck out back.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  13. The Early V8 club of America has a chapter in Newtown - Connecticut,, Regional Group # 131 .

These guys speak fluent Flathead. HRP

14. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Maybe you should start a club...

15. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

well I have tried that! but no luck I am a Kropduster and have been trying to start a ct. Chapter. locally there are very few guys interested in "that old crap" mostly 50s and up hot rods with belly button drive lines. I have a a 23 T pick up that will let me join most clubs But I want to build a more HAMB friendly second T. I've collected a fair inventory of Ford stuff but have little hands on experience on this stuff.