Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for Topolino images

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by av8, Nov 27, 2016.

1. av8

av8

One of my kids says we need a father/daughter project -- something for Wednesday evenings at Sonoma Raceway (read "Sears Point") to energize an upcoming medical recuperation and rehab period I'm facing, and to keep us engaged with the gearhead mischief that we've shared for most of her life; teach 'em young, teach 'em right and they'll never stray.

"Most bang for the bucks" is, of course, understood, but a bit of tradition -- change that to a big bunch of tradition is essential to our project. It has to be something along the lines of an affordable race car from the way-back. We're resigned to the reality of bracket racing but there's nothing in the regs that says we can't do it in style.

We're looking at two distinct schemes at this point: (1) Rail-type digger with a simple aluminum body bent over steel hoops, with a safe current-tech driver's cage, and (2) Early '60 FED chassis fitted with a Topolino body, running as a Gas Coupe. We love both looks, and performance with a run-forever SBC and trans-brake 'Glide is pretty much a toss up for both schemes - comfortable mid, low 10s.

Low project cost is important, and for the best plan with that in mind would be the simple rail-type digger. But, I love the look of some of the Topolino-bodied Gas Coupes of the late '50s and early '60s. These shouldn't be confused with the short WB and nasty Topolino gassers of the late '60s and on into the '70s; those rides involve a great deal more excitement than we're looking for.

What we're looking for are images of Topolino-bodied gas coupes from the '50s and '60s. I lost some great images I'd archived when I lost them in [​IMG] a computer crash about eight years ago. I've only one so far, and while it's an okay car, it lacks the style of some of the Topolino gas coupes we'd like to honor with our rehab project digger.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Mike Bishop
    AKA av8

Stogy likes this.
  2. There is a stock topolino on Craigslist I think I saw it in Fresno.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. SR100

SR100

Stogy likes this.
  4. There is a thread. I think it is called, Lets see some topolinos. 06c017e660c67835ebb507fd0f5eab9b.jpg

Stogy likes this.

5. guffey

guffey

6. Speed Gems

Speed Gems