Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for tires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruisenight, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Saw some tires at 2005 Woodward Dream Cruise and Now I gotta have some.
    They were rears on a 55 Chevy that was parked at Holiday Inn In Warren. The pattern was a slanted block "dirt" style block. with approx 1/2" grooves and appeared to be Bias tires. They looked like a cheater slick of sorts, but with a bolder groove. There was no name on the tires(maybe ground off?) The guy that owned the car simply answered "I just got them" when asked where he got them and what brand. The tread surface is flat to the edge. probably 28"x 10" x15".

They look like an old dirt track tire pattern. There used to be a company named NEWBY Tire that sold this pattern of tire as a re-tread in the 1970's.

\ \ \ \ \ something like this pattern
    \ \ \ \ \
    \ \ \ \ \
    \ \ \ \ \
    \ \ \ \ \ any Ideas/suggestions?

Thanks, Cruisenight

2. Muttley

Muttley

3. Check out Radir cheater slicks-there what we put on our '55. Looks better than the stuff Spedway or Coker sells.
    -Dean

4. brandon

brandon

maybe some hurst....? brandon

5. krooser

krooser

Those Firestone's look cool but aren't they as "curved or crowned" as their drag slicks? Bad news...

6. the tires I'm looking for have that style tread pattern, but consistant pattern not shift like the 'stones. Also not nearly that large, maybe 28x10x15 and street tires (DOT)
    thanks, cruisenight.