Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Looking for tips on cool customcar events anywhere in USA 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norrland, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Hey.

Looking for tips of cool custom car event and other events all over USA. Me and a friend planes to go somewhere in 2019. Have talked about to go to Lonestar Roundup in April but not shure we have the time to go that Week. So i tought i might ask here if there is any cool event u could recommend??

Thanx for now

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Be more specific on what kinds of cars you want to see.

4. Kustomcars is our first choice. But dont know how many real kustomcar events there is in the US? Other choices of events are them with Kustoms and Hot rods and maybe some music? Cool events is what we look for no big rims and hi-tech junk

stanlow69 likes this.
  5. L7

L7

I've never been there but, maybe the Kustom Kemps show in Salina Ks. would be to your liking... ??
    Someone here can give you some feed back on this show. It takes place in July.

6. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

KKOA has a show in Salina, Kansas and a show in Maggie Valley, North Carolina , I believe. KKOA in Salina is pretty cool.

7. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Santa Maria West Caost Kustoms in California and Salina Kansas in July. A KKOA event. Friday night drags. They usually chop a couple vehicles. on the grounds over the weekend. about 15 to 18 hundred cars. A little bit of everything car wise, Hot rods, classics and customs. A good mix of a little bit of everything. I never miss it. They have the Hall of Famers sign autographs so you can meet some cool people. When they were alive, George Barris and Bill Hines never missed this show. Gene Winfield usually shows up as well as Darryl Starbird. But you will here some people hate this show. Don`t go by the links on threads people post, they are filled with cars they like, which isn`t always customs. The Custom Car Revival in Indy has about 180 cars show up. All traditional customs. A very cool event. If you like that, it is pure heaven. Arrive on Thursday night and hang out at the host hotel Friday. 80 to 100 cars. Lots of conversation and a good chance to meet lots of people. The show is actually on Saturday at Edwards Drive Inn. Search for threads on the HAMB. The show in Santa Maria, never made it yet. The Maggie KKOA show had low attendance.Also haven`t made it to a Stray Kat event as well. Sorry Micky.

8. If you are looking to stay in one area and have limited time in the country I'd recommend these 2 shows that are 1 week apart. The Frog Follies is one of the last pre-49 shows in the mid-west US, always has a great turnout and a super swap meet. Then, on the following weekend, the E'ville Shindig is an ever-growing Rockabilly Event with hot rods, customs and culture. The band line-up is always excellent as well with live music at Saturdays pre-party and all day Sunday during the show.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...al-hot-rod-custom-show.1120772/#post-12723663
    FrogF.PNG
    50337698_1963816963913285_5046406901433106432_n.jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  9. Roothawg

Roothawg