Register now to get rid of these ads!

LOOKING for this 49 mercury built by th fonz out of new jersey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Aussie Torch, Jan 10, 2010.

1. can anyone tell me what happen to this car ..last i herd it was in pa and maybe for sale.. can anyone help ????? last seen it was white use to be red with black prime spots ..please pm me with any info thanks so much..

Attached Files:

2. Anderson

Anderson

With any luck, it was scrapped.

3. 61TBird

61TBird

4. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Welcome to the HAMB Aussie Torch. Sorry, I can't help you.
    I am however very very curious as to why you want to find that car.
    "It has does have a face only its Mother could love."
    ___ T&H

5. Rikster

Rikster

6. Howdy Aussie Torch. Welcome. I went to Palmyra in 1980 and saw a rail or two there that were from Ayr. Cool drag scene with some nice cars.
    Don't get why these cats bag the Fonz Merc. Aaaayyyy...

7. J-Gilmoore

J-Gilmoore

Its in Sweden now. think it was pink whit some flames or something now. a riend of my had it for a while.

8. Lakustom

Lakustom
    from Sweden

I saw the Car first time 1989 in my home town Kristinehamn in Sweden
    owners nikname was Stybbe,and was in bad conditions.

9. Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Yeah, let's scrap a piece of Jersey hot rodding history. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but when your 13 and something like that passes by you blowing 6 foot flames out the pipes, it makes an impression that lasts a long time.

I'll bet I'm not the only one.

RIP Fonz

10. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

no mater what..history is history. hope that deal is in good hands

11. J-Gilmoore

J-Gilmoore

Yepp, my friend owned it around -95-96 something i think lived outside of Skövde.

12. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

On that car it was always more about the man (an interesting character to many) than the car (a rolling juke box consisting of iffy taste).

13. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

I remember the car in the mid 80's at Lead East, I was about 12 years old and couldn't understand why anyone would paint and mural a car the had sand scratches you could ride a bobsled down. From what I heard the car was sold overseas but he built a clone to it and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it again at Lead East in the 90's after he passed and some relative was showing it and selling some video of the "fonz".

14. legend

legend
    from Irwin PA

I saw that car at Lead East in the late 90's. He was a legend at that show. He was a real hold over from the 50's Dressed the part of a "greaser" looked like he just stepped out of the movie Grease.

15. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

I saw a video of the fonz with his car; somewhere along the line he rolled it and porta powered the roof back up and threw the mud to it. Colorful guy, and the car was his baby. Nothing else to say. Might not be everyone's cup o' tea but he lived for it and we should respect that...

gaspumpchas

" Binky's pizza.....
    " hey man got any more o' those secret agent spy scopes???
    "hit parade on the stethoscope?? you got the wrong number , partner...":D

17. plmczy

plmczy

There is one of his old mercs here in PA somewhere, it is or was white and purchased at the Keystone Nats back in the 90's. I haven't seen it in quite a long time.

18. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
    <------ prime example, lol

19. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

at first B&W shot of it looks cool, but it's too bad it was wrecked in the front. :eek:

20. DDlova

DDlova
    from Virginia

there was an article in one of the Old School Rodz magazines about this guy and the car i think? seems i remember the black and white pic above and something about the story of the roof being crushed.

not sure how much of a "historical" car it is, even in the article i remember the car being a complete mess. weird too that some remember it being in Sweden and the U.S. at the same time.

Dave

21. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome aboard! I didn't get the opportunity to meet the guy but he has to go down
    as one of the koolest kats ever. You guys need to get your hands on the video, it doesn't
    get old seeing him light his cigarette with his torch. It is so Kool.....The man lived in the
    Kustom fifties have to love him for that. They're was a video that (Lead East??) had him
    at the very end shooting fire balls and then rev'n up and driving off and you can hear the
    drag tag hit every now and then. Ahhhh music to the ears. I drag a plate on my Mercury
    just because of the Fonz. Every time I hear it hit I think that I'm a kool as the Fonz. Yes,
    I have a good imagination.

Happy Trails,

Mick

22. CadillacMat

CadillacMat

It's an icon in new jersey that was the Fonz form south jersey the guy is a local legend around here he was also a flame thrower car too. we just lost another local legend around here this past friday the jersey torch... both guys would give you the shirt off there back R.I.P