Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for the "Unknown Moderator"

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by quick85, Jun 11, 2019.

1. quick85

quick85

The "UNKNOWN MODERATOR" ...The fellow who seems to have a constant
    issue with my posts, enough so that they disappear quickly. He's unnamed, and
    clicking on his generic thumbnail doesn't do anything. If you're out there,
    please contact me. I don't want to argue and I don't want to bitch but I do have
    a question or two.

On second thought, never mind, there are more important things going on.

With all due respect, sincerely, Quick85.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. Im going to reply knowing nothing about the matter..
    on second thought,nevermind,im easily distracted, oooooh shiny object....

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  3. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

?????......:confused:
    Bump!

4. Color me "confused".:confused:

OLSKOOL57 and chevy57dude like this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. VANDENPLAS

VANDENPLAS

83B91551-42CB-40D3-BDC7-62756C0CDDCC.gif

Found ‘em !!

Texas Webb and Deuces like this.
  6. chevy57dude

chevy57dude

upload_2019-6-12_5-41-20.jpeg
    Ba ba ba ba ba ba - rino!

7. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Why did I even look......

Deuces likes this.
  8. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I'm open to any dialog you might have..... not sure what deleted post(s) you are referring to, but send me your 1 or 2 questions and I'll answer them.

Hombre, VANDENPLAS, akoutlaw and 7 others like this.
  9. quick85

quick85

Corncob, thanks for stepping in. I sent you a pm.

VANDENPLAS and Deuces like this.
  10. I've had a lot of threads deleted, you are not along but I have learned the off topic stuff will be deleted and you just learn to let it go. HRP

11. VANDENPLAS

VANDENPLAS

As HRP just said o/t stuff “sometimes” gets by
    Most times it’s killed right away
    Not just the mods, but the “trad police” will report any off topic threads or posts.
    I’ve had a few of mine deleted.
    Oh well.
    Could be worse right?

12. Doublepumper

Doublepumper

It would be a nice gesture for any moderator to notify the person who's post was removed, as to why it was removed. Doing that would help to clarify the issue and eliminate any confusion or animosity. A quick PM would be easy enough.

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

Why wasn't this thread deleted?

14. abe lugo

abe lugo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is a list to look out for
    Ratrods, steam rollers, 90's street rod stuff, air ride, fake valve covers bitching, just general Off Topic stuff seems to get deleted quickly or after a few posts.

Ask yourself- "Does this post help the whole? Does it contribute more info for those who need it? Does it help us march forward to finish projects, Does it have to do with the forum topics" If so... do post, if not move on.

Actually this post doesn't help either...

Hombre and VANDENPLAS like this.
  15. anthony myrick

anthony myrick
    from al

I don’t know
    Gripe threads seem very trad here lately

Hombre and wraymen like this.
  16. G-son

G-son
    from Sweden

It would indeed be nice. I have been an moderator on a number of forums and Facebook groups, and unfortunately doing that would in many cases increase the work load too much, and some people just can't take critisism even if it's constructive.
    I recently had to step down as admin in a couple of large groups (40 000+ members in the largest group) after a number of unhappy members and ex-members "blamed" all moderation on me just because I had been most visible in the group (we were about a dozen active admins/mods). I can handle people being unhappy, namecalling comes with the territory, but actual threats directed to me personally from a bunch of untraceable anonymous accounts is beyond what I'll take for doing unpaid work helping people.

17. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Hey, what happen to that picture of the airplane with the toilet on the wing----HA HA

18. Fortunately, I didn't post anything like that.

There is no need to question the moderators, they have a tuff job to do and there is no compensation for doing it, it's because they want to help.

Complaining about a deleted post and then saying, well so in so did it why can't I is unnecessary, I would think most guys realize when they are pussing the rules, sometimes they get a pass but 99% of the time they are deleted.

Case in point, I posted a subject almost 7 years ago that was well received by the members and it ran it's course and died, last year the thread was brought back from the dead by a newbie and since the rules are more stringent since Ryan's last update the thread was deleted, I possibly could have been lock but it wasn't and after thinking about it I realized that it was more off topic than it should have been.

I have bumped heads with Cob a time or two but in reality he has the final say and to be perfectly honest with myself he was right.... 99% of the time. :D HRP

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  19. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I have had a few deleted because of my own fault and not paying attention. I have on a few occasions received an alert as to why the post was deleted

20. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yeah... I guess I am the unknown moderator. the post was reported by more than one member so it got a "soft delete" before I ever got to it. It was a pic of a 1970's Mustang funny car. 2 violations here. too new and a mustang (there is a no mustangs allowed rule) so of course I deleted it. There is a provision for sending a reason to the original poster as to why it was removed but in this case it was so obviously wrong (and I figured quick85 should have known better) so I did not send it... I guess the bottom line is that if you know something is off topic why post it? It just makes extra work for the mods (there are less than 10 of us and hundreds of thousands of users) and causes hurt feelings to some of the OP's. believe me when I say that post deletions are never personal that they are merely an attempt at keeping the board on topic. I hear the excuse all the time that how come so and so gets away with it.... The mods are not everywhere, If you see an off topic post for crying out loud report it....

21. Never2low

Never2low
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The 2 reports for a soft delete thing is great for obvious spam, but for OT stuff, I can see how the vanishing act can perturb people.
    Especially if a mod hasn't even had a chance to review it, let alone render a follow up response for the deletion.
    Sometimes it's a tough and thankless job, but for this place to operate like we all expect, good people have to work hard for it to get done.
    Just know the vast majority of us appreciate all that the mods do, both seen and unseen!

Viva la HAMB!

town sedan, Thor1, ClayMart and 2 others like this.