Register now to get rid of these ads!

History LOOKING FOR THE KING. Oldsmobile W-43 Dohc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by freiertpc, Apr 28, 2016.

1. freiertpc

freiertpc

I've heard there's a couple left and might one be for sale? If anyone knows where I'd like to know see if i can make a deal on it. I'm aware it will be in the 20 k range and thats fine as long as it's not 50k.

2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Not a traditional engine and post HAMB cut off year, still an interesting concept that never saw fruition.

3. W-43 (cast iron) without one head was for sale a few years ago....I have never heard of a OW-43 for sale (all aluminum)

4. freiertpc

freiertpc

Everyone needs a nasty motor they don't know what to do with! I have a 50' old's that this would go in if i find it.

5. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

You might try to contact Reggie Jackson, in one his several buildings we were shown a number rare GM engines. Two out of six, Chevy "Hemi" V6's... He may have the contacts that you need. But when a in current production supercharged alloy Arduns are bringing upwards to $60,000.00, I would question your $20,000.00 accessment for the very rare W-43. But your '50 Olds/W43 concept would be outstanding...
    As a OLDS guy, wish you well on your W-43 hunting. Dyno Dave

6. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Good luck on your hunt. Post pictures if you find that rare elusive white elephant. I agree with Dyno Dave, if you snag one for $20K, that may be the deal of the millennium (Louisiana Purchase not withstanding). Ford SOHC's will run you $20K plus for the aftermarket parts, and often go for $35K+ out the door. Originals being even higher, and the Ford Cammer is an order of magnitude more common.

[​IMG]