Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Looking for sugestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Monkey719fairlane, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Monkey719fairlane

Monkey719fairlane

I just joined up here and I'm looking for some ideas I have a 59 fairlane needs work just looking for ideas I want to see what you guys have done with yours I picked this up back in December got it running next is body work main issue is the rear quarters there just rotted away at the bottom. And without a ton of extra money I need to figure out a way to fix that and not look like a blind monkey did my body work .

Attached Files:

catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  2. evintho

evintho

Check out the '52-'59 Ford Social Group in the social forums. Lots of info and builds there.

loudbang likes this.
  3. chevy57dude

chevy57dude

Solid car, for it's age very little rust. East coast cars are often missing the bottom 4''.

4. that blind monkey didnt see all the missed commas and periods in your opening message? shame,shame

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. southcross2631

southcross2631

Looks like a candidate for a vintage street stock car. That way the body work can be less then perfect.

ClayMart likes this.
  6. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I would remove all the chrome except what's needed like door handles and primer it either flat black or grey.. Clean the black steel wheels up along with the pinner white walls and either use chrome lugs or Baby Moons... Then put a set of duals on it with good mufflers like Porters.

slowmotion likes this.
  7. slowmotion

slowmotion

Looks like a very repairable section without too much headache. Get on the innerwebs, good chance there's a rust repair panel for that. '59s are definitely unique, but there's a chance that section may cover several applications.