Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for rubber - wide 5's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travj31, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Just picked up a 39 Ford with the original 16 in wide 5's on it. I'm currently in the middle of another project so the 39 will be on the back burner. Question is... I have 3 tires that won't hold any air so is there any modern type tires that will fit on these? I don't want to spend alot of money I just want to be able to push it around the shop when needed.

2. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

if ya are just roll it around,any scrap 16's should work.i have some real crappy tires {3 different sizes}that i picked up at a tire shop & threw on mine just move it around .

3. ok thanks... i always heard there were very few modern sizes that could fit on these wheels.

4. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Maybe new or good used tubes?

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

go to a harley shop and get some junk tires they will work to roll the car around

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was given all the Harley tires and tubes (!) I wanted, just to take them away.
    Harley bike tires are almost never worn smooth, look good enough to photograph your car with! (as long as you use the Harley tires on the front!)
    Their stiff sidewalls made it necessary to have the tire shop install them on my wheels: $4.00 labor each)

The regular tire shop gave me 2 matched pair of 8.00X16 light truck tires, I put them on my '35 Ford V8 wire wheels tubeless. (been holding 30 PSI for over a year now)

Any tire company will gladly give you old tires. They have to pay to get rid of them otherwise.

7. good call on the harley tires... thanks