Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking for recommendations for spray bomb chassis paint

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by banjorear, Jan 14, 2018.

1. indyjps

indyjps

Engine paint is the best rattle can ive found, but Im still disappointed everytime i use it.

Tractor enamel. Rustoleum, etc with acetone and valspar enamel hardener (amazon or farm store), with a harbor freight gun. Great results, cost less in the long run, pretty tough with the hardener added.

2. Stooge

Stooge

^ Yup, Valspar Tractor and Implement paint and hardener is what I used last time on a truck chassis as well as a commercial trailer, and is what I plan on using next time. Went on great, very durable, fit the budget and would probably be about the same or less than buying a dozen or so rattle cans. I sprayed it through a cheapy gun, but it can also be brushed on. https://www.amazon.com/Valspar-4431...ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=2

3. A Boner

A Boner

^^^^
    Wow, $50.00/gal. at Amazon!
    Our local Farm&Fleet sells it for about $35.00/gal., and $30.00/gal when they have it on sale!
    Valspar is great......I highly recommend it.

4. IronTrap

IronTrap

Eastwood 2K Aerospray Primer, Paint, and Clear. 2k Paint Gun quality out of a paint can. Good stuff!

5. Stooge

Stooge

i used to be able to get it at the local'ish Tractor Supply store a few towns over until they stopped carrying it, and the local hardware store doesn't always have it in stock, but i think its about $40 when they do. Sort of slim pickings for tractor/ farm type stores around here so sometimes we have to pay the "suburb tax"!
    According to my amazon history, it was $37 last time i bought it from them

6. Hyvolt

Hyvolt

Try Agri-guard coatings. Very nice product. Brush on only, but lays smooth and gets like rock. I've done my frame, and floors, inside and out. I called the company, and I am very impressed. I got it for $80 a gallon at the local Rural King.(Farm store out of Illinois)

7. IMG_2218.JPG

Rustoleum Appliance Enamel is good from what I've read. Easily found and is available in gloss black.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  8. POR 15 with a brush is good like Agra-guard