Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Looking for pics of a 49-51 Merc I saw in OK, "Raunchy"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by REVEREND JAKE, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Years ago I saw a flamed black Merc that said "Raunchy" on the rear quarters. I spotted it in Sapulpa, OK, but never saw it again. I always thought "Raunchy" was a killer name for such a car. I am not certain the year but it was a 49-51 Mercury.

Does anyone know the car? Have pics? Internet and JJ searches come up with nothing (you can imagine what "raunchy" comes up with on Google).

Thanks in advance.

2. kevo

kevo
    from Keller, TX

lmao... I'll keep looking, but... yeah, don't google "raunchy hot rod" while at work

3. Ahhahhahhaha! That reminds me of the Ray Wylie Hubbard song, "Snake Farm. It just sounds nasty."

4. 'Mo

'Mo

Remember the Bill Justis hit, "Raunchy" from 1957?
    Could be where they got the name. :cool:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yfDUw3UyEkE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

5. Here it is. Taken at the KKOA Hangin' Dice show in Fort Smith many moons ago. I haven't seen it since.

Attached Files:

6. Yay!!! That is super awesome Dave! Muchas Gracias!

7. Is that a 49 or 50?

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Reverend Jake! How've you been? I wonder if that 40 behind the Merc is Orville Adair's.

9. Lil' Toot

Lil' Toot
    from Tulsa, OK

Heck Rev, I know who it belongs to, where its at, even reflamed it for him a few years ago. I'm pretty sure you know the guy too. Call me, I'll fill ya in! I'll give you a clue, he also has 36 ford cabriolet I flamed, a kick ass 40 ford convertable, a pro street 58 chevy that hasn't seen the light of day in years, and a few other toys! ;)