Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Looking for photos: "Whitey" White's 1940 Ford Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phartman, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Please post a picture of Mr. White's '40 Ford Tudor. I can't seem to find one, other than in TRJ #14 on the Table of Contents page. It was a yellow sedan with polished Halibrands.

As you may know, Whitey is the father of "Squeak" White, whose work is widely published here and also in TRJ. Pictures of his dad's car, however, seem to be difficult to find. Any pictures would be helpful in my '40 build.

Insights into his car and any pics are much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Anybody? Any pics out there other than the one in TRJ #14?

3. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I have several pictures of Whitey's yellow sedan built in the early 80's. He drove it everywhere and it is still around the LA area. I will scan some photos for you. The car was a show winner with a SBC, 9 inch on parallel leafs, dropped axle and a nice gray interior. He does outstanding work and now has a 40 coupe.

Here is a photo of the car at 40 Ford day last year.

Attached Files:

4. Thank you so much. I had all but given up that anybody had pics. Very nice car.

5. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I have the Street Rodder mag it was featured in, just take awhile to dig it out. Let me know if you would like me to. Lynn may already be sending it.

6. I would love to see that article (as would others here on the HAMB). To me, this '40 sedan is one of the best ever build. Puzzling why it hasn't gotten more attention.

Thank you for the effort in digging it out.

Look forward to seeing the post.