Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods looking for old Thames gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 67coronet, Nov 23, 2016.

1. 67coronet

67coronet

I am looking for any help in trying to find a old gasser Thames that is blue and white that is called Trouble Truck. Last I know that someone in Kansas owns it. If anybody would know who may own it please let me know. was a locally race truck around here in the Martinsburg WV area back in the 70's. Thanks for any help ps here's a picture of it.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. I thin that Thames is being raced . Seen it at bowling green 2 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

GlassThamesDoug likes this.
  3. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been in a few magazine snap shots. Might contact the S.E. Gassers, they may have a line on it. Good Luck.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

[​IMG]
    This pic popped up after doing a trouble truck search.

.....and found this, scroll down and click on story
    http://nostalgiagassers.com/members/
    Owner: Steve Cregut
    Driver: Randy Cree
    Tecumseh, Ks
    Trouble Truck
    1951 Thames panel truck
    Originally Book Mobile at University West Virginia
    Engine: 400 small block Chevy
    Trans: powerglide
    Olds rearend w/mosher axles
    Best et 11.04 121 mph
    Trouble Truck
    When I was a young man I always saw this truck up the street from me. At that time it was candy apple green with gold leaf lettering. Had a 427 with Hilborn injection out the hood. (COOL!) Two guys named Buck Kees and Mike Grim built him and raced at Mason Dixon Dragway almost every weekend.
    Always was fun to watch because they ran a 4-speed, so every time they hit a gear the front end came up! Even in fourth gear! I think it was 1974-75 when he was repainted the way it is now. The guy that painted him was a great custom painter named Pete Doboise. This guy was wild! He lived at the end of Rock Cliff Drive (about a 1/2 mile from where Buck and Mike keep it. My best friend (Tom Casey) helped Pete repaint the truck one weekend. They took three days to paint it so while they where doing all the work they took speed and drank beer for all three days! Pete had a front engine dragster that he drove up and down the road all the time. Always have a place in my heart for this truck. Lost track of it though when it left NY. I have a Henry J gasser now named “J Walking” maybe next year we can do a match race at Bowling Green. Thanks for the photo. Please keep in touch. Thanks Jeff “J Walking”

The Trouble Truck left NY, the next place that we know it landed was Puddle, MS where it lived for a while. It then was bought by a Rat in Kansas where it lives at the “Rat Now Gasser Ranch” a senior living facility for old Gassers.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016

5. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

02a5e775d9d6115c60d8c350b2714972.jpg
    I agree with some comments, it may run with the Old Geezer Gassers at NHRR Bowling Green Fathers Day Weekend.