Register now to get rid of these ads!

History looking for my old car

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jamoke, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Jamoke

Jamoke

I built this car in 1993 to 1995 before flat black was popular car was a Sleek 124 inch wheelbase Buick finned drums up front tubular cross members throughout handmade custom frame front grill radiator was laid back at 26° if you look at the roof they'll be two dimples on each side of passenger door and drivers door at the top of the roof was originally sold to a gentleman that brought it up the Michigan back in 1998 I did see it online about 10-15 years ago seller said it was built in the 70s I the 70s I thank him for that if you have any information whatsoever please let me know thank you 20180625_170254.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. Sadly enough, I find these threads are usually fruitless, but good luck anyway.

3. Perhaps it would help if your picture was not sideways. Old necks don't bend too well.:rolleyes: 20180625_170254.jpg

loudbang, catdad49, AHotRod and 2 others like this.
  4. Jamoke

Jamoke

5. southcross2631

southcross2631

Been looking for my avatar for almost 10 years. Good luck.

6. 32fenderless

32fenderless

If you have the vin it’s pretty easy to find them. I have found two in the last three years. I use a private investigator and both times he has called me back within 20 minutes with owners name and address. Minimal cost.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HEMI32 and AHotRod like this.
  7. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I found my brothers X/FD that he sold in the late 60's thru the HAMB, got several responses and it was 15 miles from where he sold it. Always worth a try, good luck

jchav62 likes this.
  8. I looked for almost 30 years for my old Model A pickup and just happened up on it on a lark,it was so screwed up the guy would have had to pay me to take it,hope your luck is better than mine. HRP

dana barlow likes this.
  9. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

I kinda wonder what happened to my 61, Impala too.
    409, T-400/switch pitch, NASCAR wheels, white/red interior.
    A fun car to drive, it handled way better than a 3800lb car should have.

Good luck Jamoke.

Mike

10. I sold my father's Deuce Roadster & Deuce Tudor in the early '90s ... lost track of their whereabouts in the late '90s ... but found the current owners via the H.A.M.B.

Also found the current owners of several of the '50s & '60s MoPar vehicles that I sold in the '90s via automotive forums similar to the H.A.M.B.

@Jamoke - Be patient ... It might take weeks ... months ... or years before you get a lead on your old Coupe's current whereabouts ... but the H.A.M.B. and its membership never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. exterminator

exterminator

It kinds of reminds me of the metallic green " Rat Fink" coupe i see at the grand national roadster show now and then.

49ratfink likes this.
  12. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

That's Lillard Hill's car.

OP: I'd be looking for that car too! That is a bad ass old school hot rod for sure and the direction I'm going the the rebuild of mine. Mine build is mostly influenced by my buddy, Rex's car.

That is a fairly unique car though so hopefully it's still around in that configuration. good luck on your hunt!

IMG_4334.jpg 103-0361_IMG.JPG

13. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Not always. I just got back a '32 3W I and gave up in '96. It came home and is here to stay. Of all places, found it on E-Bay.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. exterminator

exterminator

I love Hill's coupe. To me- that is a "HOT ROD"!

15. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

Yup, bad ass!

I met Lillard in the early 90's at the Western Nats in Bakersfield. I had an all steel '34 three window and he had a glass '34. He also had a supercharged Harley and I had a few of them so we had some stuff in common. We were both young then and along with a bunch of buddy's, would hang out until the place was empty. The fairgrounds used to stay pretty busy until at least mid night (now we're all old and it empties out around 9 :(). We'd meet up every year and he and his buddy's came down to my shop and bought a few cars from me.
    He eventually moved back to Louisiana and I didn't see him for years. Then a few years ago I see his car at Bakersfield and was checking it out when I see him sitting behind the car. It was good to catch up and now he has a bad ass steel car and I have a glass car! :eek::(:D Here's a photo of my old '34 cruising Bakersfield some time ago.

img125.jpg

exterminator likes this.
  16. raymay

raymay

Built my Chopped 37 Chevy sedan (as seen in my avatar) back in 86 and sold it in 2000. Several years later talked to the guy I sold it to and found it ended up in Connecticut but he had no contact info about the buyer. I searched different cities in Connecticut using the wanted section on Craigslist and showing the latest picture I had of the car. It took a few years and a lot of dead end leads but I did find the car and ended up making a deal to buy it back.