Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for my fathers 1935 Chevy 3W Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead Jeff, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

I am trying to get a picture to scan, should have it up tomorrow. I have been searching for a car that my father built in 1968. It was a 1935 Chevy 3W Standard coupe. When he sold it, the car had a 401 Buick with 2x4's, T10 4 speed, Olds Rear, and 54 Pontiac front brakes. The car was metallic silver with flared rear fenders, Chrome wheels with open lugs. I also had very distinctive homemade headers that were painted bright orange.

The car ran 12.70's on slicks and had nasty bumpsteer. My dad traded off the car in 1970 for a Fiberfab Avenger kit car. It had several owners after that in the south central valley. The last was some ware down around Porterville, CA in around 1975.

I know this is a longshot but I have watched my father build cars for as long as I have been alive and this was the only car that he wished he had never sold. I will gladly pay a reward (Parts, Machine work or Cash) for any information leading to the purchase of this car in any condition. If you know anything about it please e-mail, PM or call 559-313-1454.

Thanks Jeff.

2. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

good luck....

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope you find it, Jeff. I've seen amazing things happen on the Hamb.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

This is a picture of the car in unfinished state. Before my father sold the car it was painted metallic silver and had chrome wheels with open lugs. The engine was a 401 Buick nailhead with 2x4's. Anyone with any information please call 559-313-1454 or e-mail [email protected]. Finders fee paid.

Attached Files:

5. Joseph Allen

Joseph Allen

6. Joseph Allen

Joseph Allen

Do have any body numbers for this car ? I just bought one here in Washington. No motor

7. my great grampa's 35 Standard about 1955 in the upper left corner of the pic Scan10_0010.jpg ...shortly before a hot GMC was put in it....it was a drag car in No. Cal through the late 50's....

8. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

Here is a picture of the car completed: Going to look at a 34 Standard this week to possibly build a clone.

Attached Files:

9. good luck....and if you find one with a cut out fire wall....with the body tag still in it's factory spot....give me a holler !

10. HOTRODRONNY

HOTRODRONNY

ANY LUCK FINDING THE CAR

11. dang....still looking....that firewall was cut for a hot GMC and a grudge match with those Stockton boys....