Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Looking for leather shift boot

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J&JHotrods, Aug 8, 2019.

1. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

We have a TKO 600 5-speed in our wagon. Looking for a leather boot to replace the rubber boot that came with this trans kit. At the time it was Keisler, now american powertrain. The trim ring that came with it is nice(fabricated a trans tunnel and inspection plate to which this trim ring fits, nice and flat), but don't much care for the rubber boot. I've scoured the web to determine what the trim ring is for-not much info on american powertrain-and it seems it's for a B,E body mopar with pistol grip? Included pic is what the trim ring looks like, approx 6" x 8" outside dimensions. Does anyone have any ideas for where to find a leather boot other than having a custom one made? Not that it's a problem, but sure would be nice to click-click and have it show up on my doorstep lol. Thanks in advance for your time.

Attached Files:

2. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A good trim shop could knock that out in a matter of minutes. Yes, I like to get goodies in the mail but this makes for an easy deal.

tb33anda3rd and captain scarlet like this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

That's true lonejacklarry, think I'd be happier with the end result too, just need to make the time to pay him a visit. Bandit Billy, saw that today as well. But....hurst shifter, not round handle. Thanks for the input though.

Attached Files:

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The gift that keeps on giving
    upload_2019-8-8_18-44-19.png

Slow down and J&JHotrods like this.