Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for info on The Panthermobile!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paulatxntric, Dec 3, 2011.

1. OK not maybe totally HAMB material but I'm currently writing an article on the Pink Panther car......
    I know it's basically an Olds Tornado I know the designer, who owned it, when it was built...even when it was sold and re-possesed before coming to auction in Oct this year.........
    BUT there is nowt about who built it....where....the specs.....who made the body or even if it ever actually drove....

can anyone help??

2. customcory

customcory

3. customcory

customcory

4. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

Copied from this site http://www.stagesixteen.com/subpage2.html

This outrageous Pink-mobile was seen during every opening sequence of the 1960’s-70’s TV series ‘The Pink Panther Show’. Fashioned with gull-wing doors that swing open to let out Inspector Clouseau and the rinky-dink Panther sleuth, and a smooth pink finish - inside and out. This custom-made limo was the only one ever produced. This classic was built in 1969 by legendary car customiser Jay Ohrberg.

Contact Jay at his own site.

http://www.jayohrberg.com/Pink_Panther.html

5. cheers for that team........
    pretty much matches what i found......oddly (or not) Jay Ohrberg seems to calim he built loads of TV and Film cars even though it's commonly known who did actually do them.
    the Pink Panther car was designed by Bob Reisner and I did read some where Dick Dean had a hand in it too...it was ownded by Jay for 42 years but that was about it

6. Shon Wittenbarger

Shon Wittenbarger
    from Georgia

Joe Bailon built the car, these sad S.O.B.'s that take credit for car's that they did not build.

7. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN