Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for info on dad's old gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oso64, Oct 17, 2008.

1. oso64

oso64

hello fellas, i believe the car still might be in northern Cali.It was sold in 1971 in milpitas.the car is a 1955 chevy 2 door post, dark green, alumi firewall, radiased rear wheel wells, chrome I beam front axle on leafs.it also has a fiberglass tilt front end, 5 spoke Americans, 283 w/ 4 speed Borg warner, 56 Chevy rear w/ lift bars, and Porsche bucket front seats.my dad street raced it around milpitas and Fremont from the mid sixties until he sold it.if anyone has old photos or info on where it went i would greatly appreciate the help. thank you, -Jimmy- oh yeah, i think my dad has 1 old pic of it but i don't have it.

2. What was your dads and or partners names? Was their any lettering on the car?

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Jimmy!!!....is that you?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  4. oso64

oso64

Yep, its me!My dads name is Jim Chavez, there was no lettering on the car.My dad bought the 55 from
    Rinauro (Blown Hell), it was originaly silver with black racing stripes.i believe at the time my dad had a friend with an orange 56 chevy gasser.thanks again, -Jimmy-

5. oso64

oso64

Any leads? -Jimmy-