Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Looking for info 1936 WILLYS Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1933_willys_77, Sep 17, 2015.

1. 1936 WILLYS Coupe John Senka- Sandwich,IL.jpg
    I tried the 1933-1936 WILLYS thread but no luck so I thought I'd try a new thread. I'm looking for any other photos or any info on this coupe. Owner and or Driver and mechanical details. This picture was taken at US 30 Gary, Indiana in 1971 or '72. I believe the car may have been from the Chicago south suburbs or possibly northeast Indiana. Running a Hemi with dual quads, engine set way back.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Ok, still hoping someone will come up with some info on this coupe but in the meantime how about the cartoon characters. They look familiar but i can't remember the comic strip or characters names.

4. Bumping this up. Could really use some info on who owned and/or drove this car. Car was sold sometime in July 1974 in Markham, IL

5. rfraze

rfraze

No info here, but did you post this question on 33-36 Willys thread? Might get to someone who knows something. Include a link to this thread for best results. Good luck.
    Is this a car you own?

6. Put this on the Drag Cars in Motion thread there's alot of eyes on that one all the time.

Speed Gems likes this.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  8. OTE="Panneton Bros. Racing, post: 11175412, member: 54856"]Put this on the Drag Cars in Motion thread there's alot of eyes on that one all the time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I try that later today

9. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The cartoon Character 's look like they might be from the old Snuffy Smith strip? It's a good looking coupe, good luck with your search.

10. I looked at a bunch of snuffy smith images and they all had a black hat don't think that's him. Close but this one has a white beard and a red hat. thanks for the reply

11. Bump for the weekend crowd

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Lil' Abner??

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Nope, I was thinking it was "Pappy Yokum" but its not. Probably been 45 yrs since I'd seen a lil abner cartoon.

14. Finding it hard to believe with all the Illinois, Wisconsin, southwest Michigan and Indiana guys on here that no one knows or has ever seen this car. Bumping it one more time

15. It's been a few years but I'm bringing this back up. Still looking for information and photos.