Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for ideas... spot on my car that's bugging me...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kojack, Mar 19, 2004.

1. One thing a few of my friends have been saying is that while the lines of my car flow pretty good, there is this pretty huge blank spot on the side behind the rear window I';m starting to hate the more they bring it up. It's just this negitive space. The more you look at it, it makes you wonder why they didn't just bring the door back more and filled all that space with the window or something. I'm just looking for some photoshop or ust brain storming for some ideas to deal with that open spot. I was thinking like a Thunderbird porthole or something... any ideas? here's a shot of my uncle's car, as I don't have a side shot of mine.

Attached Files:

2. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> I don't have the time right now, so someone else want to do my idea? A wrap around back window, like a 54 Chevy or something. Or you can just scallop and/or pinstripe the sucker. </font>

3. Machinos

Machinos

Extending the back doors would probably look best, but since that'd be a ton of work, maybe just try extending the drip rail past the back door and down along the blank space, then filling in the area under it (which is currently white) with the lower body color.

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

I think that the problem is that the roofline seems to rise as it goes back from the windshield.
    If you would take an inch or two out of the height above the drip rails that would make a difference, and the curve that goes from the roofline to the back glass needs to be farther forward.
    Lay the back glass a little flatter while you are at it. (Yours does not have the two tone and the visor, does it?)
    It would be like a very mild chop without the glass cutting and door alignment problems...

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

man i dunno...

Attached Files:

6. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Fuck your friends and there comments what do you think??? I've never listened to my friends if I did I would be driveing a STREET ROD right know seriously...

I dont see any problem with that car at all... It looks like a Rolls... Its not a rat rod rockabilly hot rod lady killer so why mess with it?

Its more of a smooth pimp lets take a trip through the hills and sip wine eat cheese and get busy car.

leave it alone.

Tuck

ps that thunderbird porthole is about as cool as a visor on a .... nevermind [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Shaved, chopped w/tapered roof, and dropped. P.S. lose the visor and NO on the porthole. (too pimpdaddy)

Attached Files:

8. Thanks guys for the ideas.... yeah, I didn't think the port hole was a good idea. Needed reassurence. [​IMG] Bumbpstick, that's so bad ass... I'd love if I could do chop and slant like that... that'd make it a whole 'nother car. definatly got my brain workin' now...

9. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Tuck is right. The proposed modifications would potentially destroy the value of the car. The only thing it needs is to have its visor removed.

If it was mine, and I didn't like it the way it was, I'd sell it so someone who appreciated it, and buy a '49-'51 Merc coupe. Bumpstick did a nice job of customizing it, but after $15,000 worth of body mods and paint, it still wouldn't come close to even a stock Merc.

Here's Flathead Jack's Merc - a masterpiece: http://www.flatheadjack.com/merc/mercintro.html

Bottom line: If you want a '32 Ford phaeton more than anything, start working toward that goal. Dont get sidetracked by buying a '30 Dodge four-door sedan and cutting the roof off.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

10. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

a car doesnt have to be a mercury or 1932 ford to be cool...

dare to be different...

11. sawzall

sawzall

[ QUOTE ]
    The only thing it needs is to have its visor removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts exactly but then again bumpsticks photoshop does kick ass

12. I think I'd leave it alone.

It's perfect the way it is.

Sam.

13. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

14. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

I'm with ol' Sam on this one.....

15. shoebox72

shoebox72

That thing is cool just the way it is, but I think because the roof is white It just makes it look bigger. Ifthe roof were painted the same as the bottom of the car or a darker color, like rootbeer brown or Hawiain bronze it would give the illusion of a shorter roof. Or is the white giving the illusion of a larger roof.

This is just my opinion, yours may vary.

Billy

16. metalshapes

metalshapes

I dont know man...
    I never had a problem carving a car up.
    Just because its unusual doesnt mean it cant be modified.
    As long as the end result and the time spent make the owner happy.

17. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Shit, that was an EASY fix!!! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. metalshapes

metalshapes

WTF Hack.
    You normaly add doors... [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Well, I was gonna add a visor...but he beat me to it! [​IMG]

20. JamesG

JamesG

Sedan delivery anyone?

Attached Files:

21. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

22. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Or if your really into sailers or nautical theme shit....add some real port holes!

Attached Files:

23. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

or maybe when traffic id really bad you could put some rocket launcers on the side. And it would be tits if you could rotate them!

Attached Files:

24. Holy shit, I didn't even see those last mods. I'm goin' for those rocket launchers alright. That's custom with a K, baby.

25. Tony

Tony

[ QUOTE ]
    Its more of a smooth pimp lets take a trip through the hills and sip wine eat cheese and get busy car.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, thats funny as hell!

but true, i wouldn't touch it. There's way too many cars out there that could use a face lift..
    Whether ya like it or not, the cars got class as is..

26. Actually,I think Portholes,Rocket Launchers,and a Visor on the back,
    would take care of the problem.

27. hatch

hatch
    from house

LIPSTICK!!!!

Attached Files: