Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking for ideas for roadster floor covering.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evintho, Aug 4, 2018.

1. evintho

evintho

I'm trying to decide on a floor covering for the roadster. I think there's too many angles on the trans tunnel for carpet to lay down smoothly so I was thinking maybe bedliner, Lizard Skin or some kind of rubber mat. Whatever I use will have to attach to metal, marine plywood and hardboard. I'm open to all thoughts and ideas!

[​IMG]

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods

Upol Raptor. It will stick to all of that, and is easy to spray.

Kits are on Amazon.

3. southcross2631

southcross2631

I used indoor- out door carpet for my Morris Minor. My wife installed it for me while I was at work.
    Spray glued it down . Pieces cut to fit and the seams are almost invisable. Bought a piece from Home Depot pretty cheap. DSCF0950.JPG

Tim likes this.
  4. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Indoor/Outdoor Mat from Homer Depot! Thoughtfully laid out with paper templates, I was able to install using original binding, so no sewing involved. Tunnel first, then binding edge up to the tunnel.

P1010043.JPG

Tim and awilson40 like this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. I like the idea of thin rubber matting for a Roadster.:D

6. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

$(KGrHqNHJCUFJYS06)1IBS(bCEzhYg~~60_57.jpg $(KGrHqR,!qIFHw5jZWpHBR-bYKh9ow~~60_3.jpg I'm kind of leaning towards black carpet runner for mine. pulled a couple these pics. off the web for reference.

7. Apenaut

Apenaut

I haven't tried it yet, but Dynamat makes a product called Dynadeck that I'm considering for the floor and kick panels in my roadster pickup.

8. evintho

evintho

All excellent ideas! Keep 'em comin'!

9. Cree

Cree
    from Montana

I used some carpet walk-off mat from local laundry/custodial store--the rubber-backed stuff used in commercial entryways. Waterproof (great for open car), flexible, cuts with shears, doesn't unravel. They retire it if there's a cut or spot somewhere and sell it cheap. Various sizes 4' X 6' to long runners, etc. Colors: black grey, charcoal, red, tan, blue.

10. A Boner

A Boner

Rubber mat on the flat surface.....paint or lizard skin type stuff for the sheetmetal. Carpet in a roadster seems silly to me.