Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smokin Joe, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Anyone make Lakes style headers for a 289/302 Ford in a Model A? Limefire style. You'd think no one ever stuck a Ford in a Ford before. Hoping I don't have to pay someone $600+ to design a set or build my own. Getting lazy and cheap in my old age.

2. trey

trey

Dont be old and lazy, build some. I used the speedway kit, and it was good quality. Its a shame that my workmanship isnt, or they coulda been nice. I just need to clean up the welds. They were easy, and kinda fun to make too.

3. Special Ed GT

Special Ed GT
    from Denver-ish

Hey, Joe, I can build you a set. I just sent you a pm.

Hank

4. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

5. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

6. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

that be the best place, for the least amount of work.

7. Badfella

Badfella

I bought mine from Matt at lakeheaders.com and am way impressed with the quality, price and service. He'll take care of you.

8. How about...?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-SMALL-BLOCK-LAKE-STYLE-HEADERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34203QQitemZ4613754970QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I know they aren't quite the Limefire style... but I have seen some that are go for about $150 on Ebay in the past month or so. Not too many bids on them, just the ones for SBC.

9. shifts

shifts

I agree, Matt is a great guy to deal with. Fast service & quality product. You can buy them welded or tacked. I've bought 2 sets in the last year from him. He also does the U Fab manifolds. DAVE

10. luckydevil

luckydevil

Matt is the man. I got a set fully welded with baffle inserts for $350. delivered. They are really good quality and it only took about a week to get them. They bolted right up with no problems and look and sound great.