Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Looking for Frame Shop in the Portland (Or.) area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earlymopar, Aug 14, 2021.

1. earlymopar

earlymopar

Oregon members, I'm looking for referrals or recommendations on someone with frame straightening equipment to pull a ladder frame into alignment on a running / driving vehicle (not a bare frame). I've found a semi-truck repair shop near Eugene but wanted to see what may be available closer to home.

2. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

Most body shops have a frame machine

3. earlymopar

earlymopar

Yes I know but I'd prefer to use someone based on a recommendation from personal experience. Best would be an "alignment shop" that has a frame machine. Most body shops are also seriously back-logged right now.

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'd go talk to Superior Glass Works in Mollala, Oregon. The fiberglass part of the business burned down some years ago, but they still do chassis work. If they can't fix your frame, they'll certainly be able to direct you to someone who can.
    http://www.superiorglassworks.com/aboutus.asp

I haven't used them, but people I know say they're a good company.

5. earlymopar

earlymopar

Thanks much 71BB.

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought the last one from Darryl Schroeder in Troutdale, Schroeder's Speed and Custom. He knows from which he speaks!

7. I took the Off Topic Chrome Molly tube chassis car to Darryl after it turned Left at speed and T Boned the Jersey Barrier. Class A work! And he was a pleasure to work with, guy and his team know there stuff.
    Schroeder's Speed and Custom Troutdale Ore. I'll P.M. you a Ph # tomorrow if you want it.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  8. earlymopar

earlymopar

That would be great. Thank you.

9. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Yes but sadly most don't know how to use them properly....