Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for floor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by layin_frame_56, Feb 18, 2009.

1. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

I am looking for someone or some place that makes the pieces that run along the inside of the body from the firewall along the door to the back wall. For my 33 ford rpu. (The floor braces.) If anyone knows where to get these please let me know. Thankx everyone in advance. Mike

2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

It sounds like you're looking for subrails. Try Mac's antique auto parts.

3. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

4. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

I should ask are you channeling your cab or setting it on top of the rails? Either way you should be able to make subrails very easy. I could show you how I mounted my cab to my rails.
    Mat

5. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

Hey thankx Mat I am going to channel it. Got any pics of how you did yours? Thankx Again

6. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

Heres a couple of pics of where I think the body should sit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. HotRod33

HotRod33

use 3/4 inch square tubing...run one piece across the frame just behind the doors welded to the door post on the body... then run one piece down each side on top of the frame rail and weld it to the front of the firewall floor support and weld it to your piece that runs across the frame...then you can put short pieces from that out to the body on each side...

8. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Yeah no problem. My cowl was all ready done when I got it. Who ever did it did a nice job so I left it. It's just flat plate welded to the firewall and the a pillar. Mine is a little different the most. I plan on having a full cage in the truck and wanted to be able to take the cab off of the frame. So mine doesn't have subrails but actually body mounts that go directly to the frame. If you wanted to have sub rails you could use 16 gauge broke in to a 90 and weld it to the firewall , a ,and b pillars. That was my first plan. Anyway here's some pics to show you how I did mine.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

Hey thankx guys I think I know what direction to go in now Thankx Alot Mike