Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Looking for cool shop T-Shirts - post a link to your shop/store

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bill s preston esq, Jul 1, 2014.

1. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

Almost all of my T-shirts are 4 or 5 years old. I'm a creature of habit and have the same 10-12 T-shirts in a rotation. It's about time those got tossed and I get some new shirts. I am interested in cool looking shirts from traditional / custom shops so, if you have a shop and you sell T-Shirts with your logo, please post a link.

2. williebill

williebill

You toss out old car shirts ??
    Who does that ?
    If the armpits look like the rocker panels on an eastern car, use 'em in the garage.
    You actually throw them away???
    Welding holes? That's just a little extra ventilation..
    You throw them away?

hidez57, Junk yard, nunattax and 4 others like this.
  3. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

My toss out shirts aren't car shirts. Just typical, cheap T's.

I have several 80's/90's Bonneville shirts. They are kept safely in a bin.

olscrounger likes this.
  4. Bwahahah!,,,my kids & grand kids are wearing my old hot rod T shirts.

This is our twin girls and they are now 37 years old,both have children that have worn these same 2 shirts.:D HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    Sky Six, tommyd, blowby and 1 other person like this.

5. dad-bud

dad-bud

My wife keeps threatening to throw the really bad ones away.
    If she wasn't such a good wife, I'd throw her away.
    ..................... mind you, one or two of them are more holes than t-shirt any longer, so I just wear them on the hotter days so there's more ventilation.

mrspeedyt likes this.
  6. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I had a bunch where the neck was frayed badly and wife didn't want to see me wear them in public. I didn't toss them and now she is glad. She lost her balance on Saturday and fell, breaking both her upper arm and her wrist on the left side. So now I am cutting up the old shirts so I can put them on her around her many straps and casts. Just thought I would share this as a reason to hold onto those old tee shirts. Of course it helps in our case that I wear XL tee shirts and my wife is only 4'11" so they are sort of like hospital jonnies on her!

7. I have seen a lot of lady's make patchwork quilts out of old T-shirts.

If my wife ever decided to do this I probably have several hundred old shirts and yes I am a admitted hot rod T -Shirt hoarder. HRP

ffr1222k likes this.
  8. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

old ragged t shirts should never just ‘be tossed out’ before being utilized as a rag for a automotive project, furniture project, house repair project, or some other project. To just throw it into the trashcan without utilizing the old worn t shirts ability as a rag is just a waste.
    (especially old wore out torn T-shirts with cool graphics.)

Just Gary likes this.
  9. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

papacub likes this.
  10. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I have sewed a lot of mine together to make a car cover when stored in the garage. Every body likes it and keeps oxidation away from the polished aluminum parts on the exposed engine................

Max Gearhead and hrm2k like this.
  11. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

How can you tell when they are worn out? I thought old ones were just nostalgic and proof that you actually work on your hot rod.

Charlie K and guthriesmith like this.
  12. Blake 27

Blake 27

One of my brothers first, circa early 80s.

DSC06076 (2).JPG DSC06078 (2).JPG

13. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My buddy's wife used to go through his T shirt collection every now and again and cull out the really scuzzy ones. His solution was to retrieve them out of the rag pile and continue to wear them. Unfortunately for him she had the final word. Now when she relegates an old T shirt to the rag pile she takes a permanent marker and writes RAG in big letters across the front and back of the shirt. I guess its not nice to mess with mama.:cool:

mrspeedyt likes this.
  14. Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Least she didn’t write “ I’m wearing the rag on them “ :)

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I just tossed my favorite Bakersfield drags T shirt.:( it has been pretty much unwearble for a good 5 years, but I kept it at the bottom of the drawer because of the great artwork.. probably the only T shirt I ever owned that did not get turned into a rag before tossing. it was such a cool shirt.

I recently moved several working on messy junk T shirts to the rag pile as a guy only needs so many working on junk shirts but there are never enough rags.

I have a T shirt from the early 70's with a cartoon 40 Ford woody on it somehwhere... another one with the cool artwork I never tossed out.

mrspeedyt likes this.
  16. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I still own the first "car guy" t-shirt my pop bought me at Goodguys Pleasanton when I was a punk ass teenager with a Plymouth Duster.

Holey, faded and several sizes too small for me it hangs in my closet now.

Memories.

18. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

Having a great old T-shirt is good. but actually wearing it out to where it’s looking really bad around the collar… better.
    even better when it’s looking like shit on the collar and you’re still wearing it as obviously so fucking stretched out and distressed…

i’ve got some in that condition. it’s hard to pass them along to just sucking up oil and other shit…But if you have a dozen T-shirts that you’ve been wearing for 10 years or beyond they’re probably going to be ready when they tear out allong the graphics…

Half a year ago I went through my wore out T-shirts. I mean really bad wore out collar faded out graphics and torn along the graphics.
    i’ve been focusing on using them up especially on automotive spills and stuff.Trying to get every bit of connectivity with automotive and social value out of them…

after all… I paid up to 20 bucks for each of them…

maybe I should take photos of them in their present condition¿?…

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  19. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

All I got left.

The septic guy came over Saturday to pump out my tank. On the back of his shirt it said 'At night we deliver milk'.

20220822_124119.jpg

20. lowrd

lowrd

My car club sells the out of date event shirts for $5-7.00 each. I wait, patience pays off.

21. i7083

i7083
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For some reason my old shirts decided to become too small. I had them made into a quilt. IIRC, it cost about 50 bucks.

ffr1222k likes this.
  22. JJonesey

JJonesey

PoTaToTrUcK likes this.
  23. I have about 20 car related tee shirts, but very few that advertise companies, products, etc. I refuse to pay $20 just to be someone's walking billboard!

24. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Screenshot_20220823-134308_Chrome.jpg

PoTaToTrUcK likes this.
  25. sololobo

sololobo

Guilty; I wear some ragged ones and feel triumphant doing so.

PoTaToTrUcK likes this.
  26. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

concert T's used to be what i wore. now i wear my favorite builders T's . littleman speed & fabrication , bass custom , plowboy (hotrods from uranus) , hilton hot rods , austin speed shop.